- Temporal Scanner: I love temporal scanners, which take your child's temperature over something like the forehead rather than under the armpit, up the bottom, or in the mouth. I use Exergen brand and have loved it. Exergen Temporal Artery Thermometer MODEL# 2000C
- Baby Vics: For babies 3 months and up, Vicks has a baby version you can use. VICKS BabyRub Soothing Comfort for Babies Ointment # 617 - 1.76 Oz
- Humidifier: A help everyone knows, but a help.
- Inclining the mattress: If your child can't breathe, inclining the mattress can help. I never thought of this until Kaitlyn was born with reflux, then it occurred to me this would work well for colds (though I was obviously not the first one to think of it). Safe Lift Deluxe Universal Crib Wedge
- Baths: I know they make me feel better when I don't feel well.
Please be sure to add your own tips!
- Comforting a Sick Toddler/Baby: http://babywisemom.blogspot.com/2008/01/comforting-sick-toddlerbaby.html
- In Action: Comforting Sick Children
- Non-BW Tips and Tricks: Dealing with a Cold: http://babywisemom.blogspot.com/2008/01/non-bw-tips-and-tricks-dealing-with.html
- baby stuff I love
- Wilson Ramblings said...
warm apple juice really helps with congestion
September 22, 2008 7:17 PM
Thanks Wilson Ramblings--I had never heard that!
September 23, 2008 9:30 AM
- Shari said...
Thanks for this! I have been wanting to get a temporal thermometer since that's what they use at my daughter's pediatrician's office (& it's so easy!), but I was afraid I would end up getting one that doesn't work well. I looked this up on Walmart.com & it also has great reviews there & was a lot cheaper than I was expecting.
September 23, 2008 6:08 AM
Shari, It is scary to get one of those and know if it will work or not--but that one is a good one.
September 23, 2008 9:31 AM