Things are still good in the nursing department.
McKenna slept well all week long. She is getting even better about moving around now that she is in footed pajamas instead of the sleep sack. When she is awake and playing, she will roll to get from point A to point B, which I find quite funny.
I didn't introduce any new foods this week. I did make a bunch of prunes, though. Prunes are not as easy as I thought they would be. I first tried them in my inexpensive little mini-mixer, but it didn't do a good job of mixing it up, so I moved on to the Cuisinart. It does a great job (but is a lot more of a clean-up, so I avoid using it when I can). I also didn't add enough water, which I didn't realize until they didn't freeze solid. Despite that, she likes them, and making them is a lot cheaper than buying them.
She is getting better and better about eating finger foods. She does a nice chewing motion. My head is telling me to let her have more real finger foods (as opposed to the kind that disolve by Gerber), but I am just cautious. I think once she is 8 months old, I will be a little more daring. 8 months just sounds older. But in my head, she is still 6 months old :).
I haven't been great about being consistent with the sippy cup with her. This week, I started giving it each day, and she got really good at it! I also used a different cup because I couldn't find the one I usually use. I used an Avent Sippy Cup. This is the kind Brayden learned on, as well. She seems to prefer it. Either that or she coincidentally started getting better at the same time she started using the Avent sippy.
8:05 AM--wake, nurse, solids (prunes or peaches and oatmeal)
12:15 PM--wake, nurse, solids (green veggie and applesauce. Sometimes mix in blueberries)
4:30 PM--wake, nurse, solids (yellow veggie and bananas or pears)
7:45ish PM--wake, nurse, PJs, story, bed
- Super Baby Food
- On Becoming Baby Wise
- On Becoming Baby Wise: Book II (take note that this is a link to the 2001 printing; there is a 2008 printing, but Amazon doesn't have it).
- What to Expect the First Year
- The Wonder Weeks. (and a link to their site: http://livingcontrolsystems.com/)
- Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child
- Secrets of the Baby Whisperer: How to Calm, Connect, and Communicate with Your Baby
- The Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems: Sleeping, Feeding, and Behavior--Beyond the Basics from Infancy Through Toddlerhood
RELATED POSTS/BLOG LABELS