- Hunger: Is it close to time for a feeding? If so, there is a good chance baby is waking out of hunger. Keep in mind that growth spurts happen often during his period. Growth spurt
- Discomfort: Does your baby have a dirty diaper? Most babies in this age range tend to soil their diaper during or soon after a feeding.
- Boredom: Has your baby been sitting in the same place or position for too long? While babies in this age range can become easily overstimulated, that doesn't mean they want to sit in one spot for their entire playtime.
- Overtired: If baby has been awake for a total of 30 minutes or more (including feeding time), she might be ready for a nap. optimal waketime
- Overstimulated: If baby has had a lot of visitors or if she has been watching her older brother jump around the room, she might be overstimulated. overstimulation
- Gas: If she is making faces and pulling her legs up, she might have gas. gas
- Reflux: If she is crying and/or spitting up a lot after feeds, she might have reflux. Reflux
- Body Temperature: She might be hot or cold. Either the room could be too hot or cold, or she could be under or overdressed.