|McKenna and Kaitlyn playing together in sibling playtime|
All is well. We are still nursing four times a day.
She continues to like everything she eats. She loves, loves, loves my homemade rolls. Loves.
She started to get a bit of a rash again. She has it on spots where she rubs as she crawls. She was also getting it in other random places. We discovered our water softener was no longer working right. So we got that fixed, and her skin improved.
DROPPING THIRD NAP
We made big progress this week. She didn't take the nap more days than she did. I think she is very close to having it dropped for good!
So, not four hours after I typed the words "...I need to put more effort into the signing" McKenna signed her first word! I had only spent one meal focusing on it, and I focused on "more" and she signed "all done." She was apparently just ready to do it on her own. She is an "all done" signing fool now :) She signs it when done playing, eating, sleeping...It is exciting!
McKenna isn't a terrible teether, but it impacts her negatively a lot more than it did Brayden or Kaitlyn. It was like a flip switched when that tooth broke through! She was so happy and content. She was sweet little McKenna again.
8:15 AM--wake, nurse, solids (prunes or peaches/apricots and oatmeal). This is when we do a bath and independent playtime. We then do sibling playtime.
12:30 PM--wake, nurse, solids (green veggie and applesauce. Sometimes mix with blueberries or cherries). She then "helps" me put Brayden in rest time (which just means telling him to go) and Kaitlyn down for her nap. This is then free play with me in the same room.
4:30 PM--wake, nurse, solids (yellow veggie and bananas or pears). Then time with Daddy.
5:30ish PM--dinner with family. Finger foods and what we are having. Then time with family.
6:45 PM--nap. Some nights, she stays up until 7:00. Since most of this week included this nap, I am including it in our schedule.
7:45ish PM--wake, nurse, PJs, story, prayers, bed
On nights we dropped the third nap, we did:
7:15-7:30 PM--nurse, PJs, story, prayers, bed.
- NEW On Becoming Pre-Toddlerwise
- Super Baby Food
- On Becoming Baby Wise: Book II (take note that this is a link to the 2001 printing; there is a 2008 printing, but Amazon doesn't have it).
- What to Expect the First Year
- The Wonder Weeks. (and a link to their site: http://livingcontrolsystems.com/)
- Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child
- Secrets of the Baby Whisperer: How to Calm, Connect, and Communicate with Your Baby
- The Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems: Sleeping, Feeding, and Behavior--Beyond the Basics from Infancy Through Toddlerhood