Item: Food Storage SystemCompany: Shelf Reliance
This product review comes right at the perfect time during our emergency preparedness discussions. Our next topic will be food storage. One of the biggest challenges with food storage is space for all of that food. Shelf Reliance has several systems that solve that. One of their best selling is the Cansolidator.
Here is a snippit about the start of this company:
Jason & Lindsay Budge became acquainted with Steve & Amy Palmer while attending college. Though they didn’t immediately realize the devout friendship and enduring partnership they would form, they both felt the need and responsibility to prepare their families for the future. The two families have always believed that the keys to happiness are the pursuit of self reliance and the proper balance of life’s priorities, including a sound education, healthy diet, physical fitness, financial independence, devotion to family, and faith in God. However, there was a key component missing in their goal to be self reliant: an adequate supply of food and provisions to prepare their families for unforeseen hardships or emergencies. The problem? They didn’t know where to start, what to store, or how to rotate and use a long term food supply. To read more, go here.
I love Shelf Reliance products. Now, these are not only useful for long-term food storage use, but also for your cupboard or pantry. Cansolidator comes in a pantry size, a cupboard size, and a pantry plus size. These not only organize your cans, but keep them rotated for you. You take from the bottom and add to the top.
If you have a lot of cans to store, they have the solution for that, too. Around here, families would build can rotation systems in their cold storage rooms out of wood. When my husband and I first got married, he talked about doing that some day. If you go to the history of the company page and read more, you will find they started the company in 2004. In 2006, my parents built a house that was in a home show and they were given one of these to display:
Yeah, I'm jealous. But the wonderful thing is that someday I can get one of those and my husband has one less project to work on!
Are you interested in trying a Cansolidator out? Now is your chance! You can enter to win a Cansolidator from Shelf Reliance! Let's get entering.
For Your First Entry:
Become a follower of this blog. Then leave a comment. If you are already a follower (the thing where your cute face pops up with all the other cute faces of people following), comment telling me so.
I am a follower!
For Your Second Entry:
"Like" Shelf Reliance on Facebook. Once you have done so, come back and leave a comment saying you did so.
I "like" Shself Reliance on Facebook!
For Your Third Entry:
Follow Shelf Reliance on Twitter. Then comment saying you did so. Include your twitter ID (not mine)
I am following the tweets!
For Your Fourth Entry:
Go to theShelf Reliance website and look around. Check out the emergency preparedness information. Come back and share what article you found helpful.
I liked the information on creating an emergency evacuation plan.
For Your Fifth Entry:
Blog about the giveaway with a link to this post! You need to have a blog in order to blog about it. Once you have posted your blog, leave a comment with a link to the blog.
Blogged it! valscreations.blogspot.com
For Your Sixth Entry:
Change your status on Facebook to talk about the giveaway with a link to this post. Leave a comment saying you did so.
I changed my status!
For Your Seventh Entry:
Tweet about the giveaway on Twitter with a link to this post. Once you have done so, comment with your twitter ID (not mine).
I tweeted! @valplowman
- You must leave a comment in order to have an entry.
- You must leave a separate comment for each entry. This is not so I can get lots of comments--it is because it makes it a million times easier to choose a winner. It takes less time, and less time is good.
- You don't have to do all seven entries...for example, if you just want to follow Little Grips on Twitter but don't want to enter through the other methods, you can just do entry three.
- One entry per comment.
- Up to seven entries per person.
- You must fulfill the rules of each entry for each entry to count. If I see the entry is not valid (did not meet entry requirements), I will remove your entry. Trust me, I check.
- Entries will be accepted until 11:59 PM Friday, August 27 Mountain Standard Time.
- The winner will be randomly selected at random.org
- The winner will be announced Saturday, August 28.
- If you would like, you can add your email address to your entry. If you are the winner, I will email you to let you know. You do not need to add your email address in order to win. I understand not everyone wants to share their email addresses with the world. I will announce the winner on the blog, so you can check the blog Saturday to find out if you won.
- Once the winner is announced, you will have one week to contact me or another winner will be chosen.