Today you will be hearing from Stephanie at Giving It Grace. She is talking about the importance of a sleep routine. She covers why sleep is important and how to identify when a baby is ready to sleep. Then she talks about what to consider when creating your own sleep routine and gives some examples of what you might include in a routine. I love this advice from Stephanie:
"A sleep routine is established through a repeated succession of consistent sleep cues. The sleep routine is set by mom and dad, and is most successful when it can be done every time, any place, and by anyone."
This is all very sound advice for you to keep in mind as you set your routine. Begin as you mean to go on--and as you have the patience to go on! Head on over to Giving It Grace to read the full advice. You can read some of my advice on Sleep Routine here.
It is Babywise Friendly Blog Network week! You will be hearing from these lovely ladies this week, all on the topic of sleep:
- Monday: Valerie at Chronicles of a Babywise Mom
- Tuesday: Shea at The Moses Home
- Tuesday: Stephanie at Giving It Grace
- Wednesday: Brooke at Apffel a Day
- Wednesday: Kimberly at Team Cartwright
- Thursday: Carrie at Wiley Adventures
- Thursday: Emily at The Journey of Parenthood
- Friday: Claire at My Devising
- Friday: Elaine at Faithfully Infertile