Baby products to help with sickness. When your baby is sick, try these products to help baby feel better. Helps for baby’s cold.
When your baby/child is sick, you want nothing more than to be able to help him feel as well as possible. Here are some things I love for sickness:
- Temporal Scanner: I love temporal scanners, which take your child’s temperature over something like the forehead
rather than under the armpit, up the bottom, or in the mouth. I use Exergen brand and have loved it. Exergen Temporal Artery Thermometer MODEL# 2000C
- Baby Vics: For babies 3 months and up, Vicks has a baby version you can use. VICKS BabyRub Soothing Comfort for Babies Ointment # 617 – 1.76 Oz
- Humidifier: A help everyone knows, but a help.
- Inclining the mattress: If your child can’t breathe, inclining the mattress can help. I never thought of this until Kaitlyn was born with reflux, then it occurred to me this would work well for colds (though I was obviously not the first one to think of it). Safe Lift Deluxe Universal Crib Wedge
- Baths: I know they make me feel better when I don’t feel well.
Please be sure to add your own tips!
- Comforting a Sick Toddler/Baby
- In Action: Comforting Sick Children
- Non-BW Tips and Tricks: Dealing with a Cold
- Wilson Ramblings said…
warm apple juice really helps with congestion
September 22, 2008 7:17 PM
Thanks Wilson Ramblings–I had never heard that!
September 23, 2008 9:30 AM
- Shari said…
Thanks for this! I have been wanting to get a temporal thermometer since that’s what they use at my daughter’s pediatrician’s office (& it’s so easy!), but I was afraid I would end up getting one that doesn’t work well. I looked this up on Walmart.com & it also has great reviews there & was a lot cheaper than I was expecting.
September 23, 2008 6:08 AM
Shari, It is scary to get one of those and know if it will work or not–but that one is a good one.
September 23, 2008 9:31 AM
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?