Any links to Amazon are affiliate links.
Baby products to help with sickness. When your baby is sick, try these products to help baby feel better. Helps for baby’s cold.
When your baby/child is sick, you want nothing more than to be able to help him feel as well as possible. Here are some things I love for sickness:
- Temporal Scanner: I love temporal scanners, which take your child’s temperature over something like the forehead
rather than under the armpit, up the bottom, or in the mouth. I use Exergen brand and have loved it. Exergen Temporal Artery Thermometer MODEL# 2000C
- Baby Vics: For babies 3 months and up, Vicks has a baby version you can use. VICKS BabyRub Soothing Comfort for Babies Ointment # 617 – 1.76 Oz
- Humidifier: A help everyone knows, but a help.
- Inclining the mattress: If your child can’t breathe, inclining the mattress can help. I never thought of this until Kaitlyn was born with reflux, then it occurred to me this would work well for colds (though I was obviously not the first one to think of it). Safe Lift Deluxe Universal Crib Wedge
- Baths: I know they make me feel better when I don’t feel well.
Please be sure to add your own tips!
- Comforting a Sick Toddler/Baby
- In Action: Comforting Sick Children
- Non-BW Tips and Tricks: Dealing with a Cold
- Wilson Ramblings said…
warm apple juice really helps with congestion
September 22, 2008 7:17 PM
Thanks Wilson Ramblings–I had never heard that!
September 23, 2008 9:30 AM
- Shari said…
Thanks for this! I have been wanting to get a temporal thermometer since that’s what they use at my daughter’s pediatrician’s office (& it’s so easy!), but I was afraid I would end up getting one that doesn’t work well. I looked this up on Walmart.com & it also has great reviews there & was a lot cheaper than I was expecting.
September 23, 2008 6:08 AM
Shari, It is scary to get one of those and know if it will work or not–but that one is a good one.
September 23, 2008 9:31 AM