Any links to Amazon are affiliate links.
How many people out there believe Babywise is synonymous with cry it out? Probably the vast majority, right? Today Carrie is talking all about that. She is talking about what Babywise does say and what it doesn’t say in regard to CIO.
“Every human being needs to learn how to self soothe and we all need to be able to put ourselves to sleep by ourselves. Is sleep training a part of this? Yes! Absolutely! Most babies are not born with this ability and need to be trained to do this. CIO is one way to do this, but it’s not the only way. For my first three CIO, worked BEAUTIFULLY. If I rocked LK, she would just cry anyway. We did 2 nights of CIO and…she is still the best sleeper in our house. For Archer, for several reasons, we couldn’t (because of room sharing) and just didn’t WANT to CIO with him. We used the 4 S’s (From Tracy Hogg’s The Baby Whisperer) as our main sleep training method with him.”
On the fence about Babywise because of the CIO idea? Be sure to read Carrie’s post on it.
You can also read my post on this topic here:
More on the Myths of Babywise:
- Monday: Valerie at Chronicles of a Babywise Mom talking about the Myths versus Realities of Babywise.
- Tuesday: Katrina at Mama’s Organized Chaos talking about the realities of Babywise and the schedule. Babywise isn’t imposing a schedule; it is learning the ideal schedule.
- Wednesday: Shea at The Moses Home will be talking about how having a schedule actually makes her babies MORE flexible. Natasha at Let’s Be Brave is talking about how Babywise works for you; you don’t work for Babywise.
- Thursday: Carrie at Wiley Adventures is talking about how Babywise and Cry It Out do (or don’t) go together. Kimberly at Team Cartwright will be discussing how scheduled feedings do not diminish milk supply.
- Friday: Cole at Twinning Babywise will be discussing the fact that Babywise isn’t just about sleep. Emily at The Journey of Parenthood will finish us off talking about how Babywise is very possible with more thank one child. It isn’t just luck!