Any links to Amazon are affiliate links.
I love this concept from Katrina at Mama’s Organized Chaos. Babywise is all about learning the ideal schedule! Would it be awesome to have a baby sleep until 8 AM each day? Yes! And some babies do! There are others, however, who wake up at 7 no matter what. My oldest was (and is) like that. Mamas with big dreams of sleeping in have to hang that dream up and go with the ideal schedule for their individual baby. Why? Because that is what Babywise is. Babywise is learning about your individual baby and going with what is best for him/her.
“Today I’d like to address something that I’m very passionate about: Babywise Isn’t Imposing a Schedule, it’s Learning the Ideal Schedule. This is a very important idea that often gets lost (unless you’ve read the book).
Using Babywise will starve your baby and cause failure to thrive
Babywise requires you to hyper-schedule
I kept seeing failure to thrive, failure to thrive, all over the internet. And I kept thinking…did we read the same book!? Nowhere in the Babwise book, does it mention to leave your baby to cry if they are hungry. In fact, it says quite the opposite. “
Head on over to Katrina’s blog to read four key areas that prove Babywise is about learning the ideal schedule, not imposing a schedule.
The ladies of the BFBN will be discussing these myths this week, also. Here is the schedule:
- Monday: Valerie at Chronicles of a Babywise Mom talking about the Myths versus Realities of Babywise.
- Tuesday: Katrina at Mama’s Organized Chaos talking about the realities of Babywise and the schedule. Babywise isn’t imposing a schedule; it is learning the ideal schedule.
- Wednesday: Shea at The Moses Home will be talking about . Natasha at Let’s Be Brave is talking about how Babywise works for you; you don’t work for Babywise.
- Thursday: Carrie at Wiley Adventures is talking about how Babywise and Cry It Out do (or don’t) go together. Kimberly at Team Cartwright will be discussing how scheduled feedings do not diminish milk supply.
- Friday: Cole at Twinning Babywise will be discussing the fact that Babywise isn’t just about sleep. Emily at The Journey of Parenthood will finish us off talking about how Babywise is very possible with more thank one child. It isn’t just luck!