Any links to Amazon are affiliate links.
Cole’s post today is great for pointing out what Babywise is all about, which is more than just sleep. It is also a great reminder to everyone who loves the first Babywise book that you have so much to gain from the subsequent books, also.
“On Becoming Babywise provides a practical system for creating order in the household. It establishes God and the marriage at the center of the family – NOT the children. It encourages a traditional parenting style that focuses on raising responsible adults. The fact that the first book covers infant sleep is circumstantial – it’s because that’s the first stage of a child’s life – but the overarching precepts are carried out through each of the next seven books. The vast majority of the series is spent on aspects other than sleep – like physical, mental, and emotional development, learning, obedience, respect, correction, authority, character, and responsibility.”
Cole always just says it like it is and I love that about everything she writes. Head on over and read her post on what Babywise is all about.
More on the Myths of Babywise:
- Monday: Valerie at Chronicles of a Babywise Mom talking about the Myths versus Realities of Babywise.
- Tuesday: Katrina at Mama’s Organized Chaos talking about the realities of Babywise and the schedule. Babywise isn’t imposing a schedule; it is learning the ideal schedule.
- Wednesday: Shea at The Moses Home will be talking about how having a schedule actually makes her babies MORE flexible. Natasha at Let’s Be Brave is talking about how Babywise works for you; you don’t work for Babywise.
- Thursday: Carrie at Wiley Adventures is talking about how Babywise and Cry It Out do (or don’t) go together. Kimberly at Team Cartwright will be discussing how scheduled feedings do not diminish milk supply.
- Friday: Cole at Twinning Babywise will be discussing the fact that Babywise isn’t just about sleep. Emily at The Journey of Parenthood will finish us off talking about how Babywise is very possible with more thank one child. It isn’t just luck!