Any links to Amazon are affiliate links.
No matter how hard you try to avoid it, chances are very high every one of your children will have at least a brief stint living the “wise in own eyes” life. Today, Natasha is talking about how to solve this issue.
Natasha from Let’s Be Brave is talking about the types of freedoms that lead to “wise in own eyes.” She shares some ideas for how to prevent it and how to fix it once it does creep in. Natasha says:
“A frequently used phrase around our home is “you get what you get, and you don’t throw a fit.” And we never talk about fairness; “that’s not fair” is not something we let our kids say. Life’s not fair. Also, when someone gets something and they don’t, we want their first response to be joy for the other person rather than jealously. This is not something children (or adults for that matter) innately do. Rejoicing when someone gets something that we want is a learned skill, and a valuable one at that, so we practice it often.”
Head on over and read the full post on how to solve being wise in your own eyes here.
For related posts on this blog, see:
- The Choice Addiction (for Toddlers)
- Constantly Needing to Correct the Child
- Too Many Freedoms
- When Kids Push The Limits (Dos and Don’ts)
- Wise In Your Own Eyes
This week, the ladies of the BFBN will all be posting on various topics from the -wise series. You will find the schedule below. NOTE–These links will only be live on or after the day listed. If you click on anything Tuesday or later today, it will give you a page error. Don’t worry, I will remind and send you there each day this week:
- Monday – How to Correct Your Preteen – Valerie – Chronicles of a Babywise Mom
- Monday – How to Solve the “Wise in Their Own Eyes” Problem – Natasha – Let’s Be Brave
- Tuesday – Kimberly – Intentional Parenting: How Our Beliefs and Goals Shape Our Parenting Decisions– Team Cartwright
- Tuesday – 5 Ways to Teach Children Kindness – Caitlin – Rogers Party of 5
- Wednesday – How to Give Instructions to Your Toddler & Achieve Successful Results – Katrina – Mama’s Organized Chaos
- Thursday – Self-Control is a Base Virtue – Cole – Twinning Babywise
- Thursday – Temper Tantrums and the Happy Heart Rug – Carrie – Wiley Adventures
- Friday – How to Teach Your Children Self Control – Emily – The Journey of Parenthood