Any links to Amazon are affiliate links.
This post is written in partnership with I See the Sun books. All opinions are my own.
Our next book is I See the Sun in China by Dedie King and illustrated by Judith Inglese. King was a Peace Corps volunteer in Nepal in the 60s. She taught school in Kathmandu and has traveled all around Asia. She has Masters of Education. Inglese has been desiging murals from tile for over thirty years. One of her murals is in the National Zoo.
I See the Sun in China is part of a series of bi-lingual picture books. Each story focuses on the day in the life of a child in a different country. The goal of the books is to teach children about different cultures. Each book also contains a glossary at the end so you and your child will know what everything means.
I really, really enjoyed this book. I have a love for learning about different cultures, and I love the idea of teaching children about life in different parts of the world. We live in such a global community now, so understanding different people is more and more valuable! Not to mention interesting. Another neat thing is that it is written in English and Mandarin Chinese, so you get to see the characters right there on each page. To learn more about this series, visit the website: http://www.iseethesunbooks.
If you would like to win a copy of this book for your children, here is how:
For Your First Entry:
Become a follower of this blog. Then leave a comment. If you are already a follower (the thing where your cute face pops up with all the other cute faces of people following), comment telling me so.
I am a follower!
For Your Second Entry:
Share your favorite unique thing about your particular culture.
Fry sauce! If you haven’t had it, you really need to try it.
For Your Third Entry:
Free entry! But you do have to enter.
Entering for free!
For Your Fourth Entry:
Like this blog on Facebook. Already do? Tell me so. Comment saying you like it.
Hi! I like on Facebook!
- You must leave a comment in order to have an entry.
- You must leave a separate comment for each entry. This is not so I can get lots of comments–it is because it makes it a million times easier to choose a winner. It takes less time, and less time is good. Plus, it makes sure I don’t miss an entry.
- You don’t have to do all four entries…for example, if you just want to follow this blog, you can just do entry one.
- One entry per comment.
- Up to four entries per person.
- You must fulfill the rules of each entry for each entry to count. If I see the entry is not valid (did not meet entry requirements), I will disqualify your entry. Trust me, I check.
- Entries will be accepted until 11:59 PM Friday, December 2 Mountain Standard Time.
- The winner will be randomly selected at random.org
- The winner will be announced Saturday, December 3.
- If you would like, you can add your email address to your entry. If you are the winner, I will email you to let you know. You do not need to add your email address in order to win. I understand not everyone wants to share their email addresses with the world. I will announce the winner on the blog, so you can check the blog Saturday to find out if you won.
- Once the winner is announced, you will have one week to contact me or another winner will be chosen. Be sure to check back. The only thing worse than not winning is to win but not realize it in time!