Any links to Amazon are affiliate links.
Okay. Did you do your homework? Do you have your goals written down? Here is our list (in no particular order–and I think some things are kind of redundant):
I want my children to be able to….
- Take care of themselves physically.
- eat right
- cook good meals
- clean themselves
- Take care of their house
- Fix things when broken
- Shop for things (groceries, find deals, etc.)
- Take care of yard
- Sew (this will be on level of interest, but I want basic skills to be known)
- Appropriate car maintenance (again, on level of interest with basic skills know)
- Fix things that are broken so they don’t buy things over and over
- repair clothes
- fix cars
- Take care of family
- take care of children
- teach children
- Be able to earn an income
- Be wise with money
- save money
- invest wisely
- avoid debt
- Do something musically
- Be involved in something physical (sports, dance, etc.)
- Have interpersonal skills
- Have a personal testimony of the gospel
- recognize the spirit
- study scriptures
- Know how to find answers on their own to questions they have
- research skills
- Be kind to others and be service-oriented
- Be able to schedule appointments
- Talk to adults and authority figures comfortably
- Call businesses/classifies/strangers
- Buy things wisely
So…what is on your list? Please share!
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it 1-5!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!