Any links to Amazon are affiliate links.
For some reason unknown to me (because I have not looked into it), the polls for blogger (at least mine) are not working and haven’t been for about two months. I thought things would get fixed, but they aren’t, so I thought I would take this as a chance to try something new.
I thought it would be interesting instead of just seeing data to have a discussion going in the comments about the topic. We can get a clearer picture, AND we can get information on more than one child if you have more than one. In light of Hank’s guest post on breastfeeding a couple of weeks ago, I wanted to discuss that topic very first.
Here are my questions for you:
- Did you intend/want to breastfeed when your baby was born?
- Did you breastfeed for any length of time?
- If yes, for how long did you breastfeed (until what age)?
- When you stopped breastfeeding, what was the reason (your choice, baby’s choice, lack of milk…)?
- Share any other thoughts you think might be of interest.
Here are my answers:
- until he was just past one year
- my goal was one year and I wanted to stop.
- I was also pregnant for four months during this breastfeeding.
- until one year
- again, my goal was one year. I would have considered going longer, but my husband and I were going out of town for a week right after she turned one so I wanted her easily taking milk/formula when we left.
- We breastfed through months of thrush.
- until one year, then we weaned
- again, my choice.
- We breastfed through two rounds of thrush
- she is 7 weeks old and I am still breastfeeding with no issues
Your turn! Feel free to discuss further.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it 1-5!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!