For some reason unknown to me (because I have not looked into it), the polls for blogger (at least mine) are not working and haven’t been for about two months. I thought things would get fixed, but they aren’t, so I thought I would take this as a chance to try something new.
I thought it would be interesting instead of just seeing data to have a discussion going in the comments about the topic. We can get a clearer picture, AND we can get information on more than one child if you have more than one. In light of Hank’s guest post on breastfeeding a couple of weeks ago, I wanted to discuss that topic very first.
Here are my questions for you:
- Did you intend/want to breastfeed when your baby was born?
- Did you breastfeed for any length of time?
- If yes, for how long did you breastfeed (until what age)?
- When you stopped breastfeeding, what was the reason (your choice, baby’s choice, lack of milk…)?
- Share any other thoughts you think might be of interest.
Here are my answers:
- until he was just past one year
- my goal was one year and I wanted to stop.
- I was also pregnant for four months during this breastfeeding.
- until one year
- again, my goal was one year. I would have considered going longer, but my husband and I were going out of town for a week right after she turned one so I wanted her easily taking milk/formula when we left.
- We breastfed through months of thrush.
- until one year, then we weaned
- again, my choice.
- We breastfed through two rounds of thrush
- she is 7 weeks old and I am still breastfeeding with no issues
Your turn! Feel free to discuss further.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?