This is the results for the Blanket Time poll. There were very few responders, so not a lot of data! But here it is.
- Did you do blanket time with your child?
- If you did blanket time, what age did you start?
From Birth: 1
9 Months: 1
11 Months: 1
- Did your child ever fight blanket time?
- If yes to 3, what age? How did you approach it? And how long did it last?
Took a break, tried later: 1
Took a break, still on break: 1
- What length of time did you start with for blanket time?
5-10 minutes: 2
30 minutes: 1
- What length of time did you ultimately stick with for blanket time?
30 minutes: 1
20 minutes: 1
- What time of day did you do blanket time?
After lunch/before nap: 1
- Any blanket time testimonies or tips?”Switch out the toys, leave the dogs out if they are behaved, mine loves to play with the dogs on the blanket along with her toys!””I think it’s an awesome tool and teaches skills that they don’t learn with roomtime only (staying within boundaries that are not as defined as walls). My little girl is so busy and runs around the house constantly, from one activity to the next. Surprisingly, she LOVES blanket time and I think it is because she can actually focus on a couple toys. One tip I would have is to use a kitchen timer – both for her sake and mine (so I don’t forget to get her off in good time). Also, use special toys that aren’t available at other times of the day. “
Feel free to add comments in the comment section below!
- Blanket Time Info:http://babywisemom.blogspot.com/2009/04/blanket-time-info.html
- Poll Results: Did you do blanket time with your child?: https://www.babywisemom.com/2010/04/poll-results-did-you-do-blanket-time.html
- Poll Results: If you did blanket time, at what age did you start?