Any links to Amazon are affiliate links.
I have been waiting a long time to reveal this to the world. And now here it is! The SnuggleU! This is an item my husband invented when Kaitlyn was a newborn. We used it with both girls while they were newborns, and I am convinced it is a big reason they were such great sleepers. The beauty of the SnuggleU is that the baby can sleep nice and snug but still be in her own bed. Here is our story taken from our website:
We were delighted when our second child was born, but frightened when she was placed in the NICU. She was release a few days later–happily there was nothing wrong with her!
But we were still shaken from the incident. While in the NICU, the nurses noticed she had silent reflux. That coupled with our NICU scare (and the fact that she was born following the loss of a brother due to stillbirth at 20 weeks) made us very protective of her.
Nate had an idea to help her feel safe and cozy while sleeping. He went to the craft store and rummaged through his garage to create this for his little girl. The SnuggleU was born only a few days after Kaitlyn was.
Kaitlyn was a great sleeper. I had her sleep in a bassinet in our room as well as the crib in her room. We kept the SnuggleU in the bassinet. She always slept better in the bassinet. It took until our next child was born for me to realize she slept better there because the SnuggleU was there.
When our next child was born, we pulled out the SnuggleU. We had loved it before and were sure we would love it again. McKenna slept even better than Kaitlyn did! Being a little older and a little wiser, I guess, I realized the SnuggleU had a lot to do with the great sleeping and made sure she had it in any bed. I now packed the SnuggleU with it everywhere she slept.
It was then we realized this was a product that other parents would love. So after much time in improving on the original idea, we now bring you, the SnuggleU.
So how does the SnuggleU work? You swaddle your baby and do whatever you normally do during your sleep routine. You then place baby in the bed and slide the SnuggleU up to her body so it goes under her feet. Push her feet up and scrunch her legs up like they would have been in the womb. Now she is all cuddled, cozy, and ready for sleep! The SnuggleU is flexible so you can shape it for your individul baby. Here is a photo of McKenna as a newborn using it:
Each SnuggleU is covered in white cotton. We also have available pillowcases to cover the SnuggleU and keep it clean. We custom designed the case to cover our SnuggleU. There are no zippers and no buttons–just fabric and thread. Here is a SnuggleU with a pillowcase:
More pics? Here you go. The SnuggleU works really well in a crib. Cribs can be kind of large for a newborn, and the SnuggleU helps make baby cozy. Here is McKenna:
And you can’t see the SnuggleU well in this photo, but it is the best one I have of Kaitlyn. You can kind of see it in the bottom left corner:
With our SnuggleU, I stopped using it with each girl sometime close to three months old. That is the age each girl started to want to sleep with her legs stretch out instead of scrunched in. They would just push the SnuggleU down with their legs, so I took it out of the crib at that time. The SnuggleU is made for newborns. Here is a picture of my 3 month old niece, Keira, modeling the SnuggleU:
Okay! Ready for the giveaway?!?! Today we are giving away a SnuggleU/Pillowcase combo! The pillowcase will be made to match the colors of your nursery. For those who don’t win, we are offering a sizzlin summer special! Check out the blog under the Specials tab for more details. Let’s enter.
For Your First Entry:
Become a follower of this blog. Then leave a comment. If you are already a follower (the thing where your cute face pops up with all the other cute faces of people following), comment telling me so.
I am a follower!
For Your Second Entry:
Become a follower of the SnuggleU blog. Once you have done so, come back and leave a comment saying you are a follower.
I am now a follower of SnuggleU!
For Your Third Entry:
“Like” this blog on Facebook. Already do? Tell me so. Comment saying you follow through Facebook.
Hi! I like this blog on Facebook!
For Your Fourth Entry:
Go to the SnuggleU website. Look at the pillowcases. Come back and leave a comment telling us what fabric you would choose a pillowcase in. If you don’t see what would match your nursery, leave a comment saying what color of fabric you would want.
I would choose the gray/blue/white flowers.
For Your Fifth Entry:
Blog about the giveaway with a link to this post! You need to have a blog in order to blog about it. Once you have posted your blog, leave a comment with a link to the blog.
I blogged it! valscreations.blogspot.com
For Your Sixth Entry:
Change your status on Facebook to talk about the giveaway with a link to this post. Leave a comment saying you did so.
I changed my status!
For Your Seventh Entry:
Tweet about the giveaway. Then comment saying you did so. Include your twitter ID (not mine)
I tweeted it! @valplowman
- You must leave a comment in order to have an entry.
- You must leave a separate comment for each entry. This is not so I can get lots of comments–it is because it makes it a million times easier to choose a winner. It takes less time, and less time is good.
- You don’t have to do all seven entries…for example, if you just want to like this blog on facebook but don’t want to enter through the other methods, you can just do entry three.
- One entry per comment.
- Up to seven entries per person.
- You must fulfill the rules of each entry for each entry to count. If I see the entry is not valid (did not meet entry requirements), I will remove your entry. Trust me, I check.
- Entries will be accepted until 11:59 PM Sunday, July 18 Mountain Standard Time.
- The winner will be randomly selected at random.org
- The winner will be announced Monday, July 19.
- If you would like, you can add your email address to your entry. If you are the winner, I will email you to let you know. You do not need to add your email address in order to win. I understand not everyone wants to share their email addresses with the world. I will announce the winner on the blog, so you can check the blog Saturday to find out if you won.
- Once the winner is announced, you will have one week to contact me or another winner will be chosen.
Good luck everyone!