Any links to Amazon are affiliate links.
This post is sponsored by Fresh Baby. All opinions are my own.
The two most commonly stressed-over subjects for parents are food and sleep. For the Babywise mom and her toddler, that usually means it is food since sleep is typically under control (save a few odd instances that are rarely long-term). A couple of months ago, we did a giveaway of the Fresh Baby Baby Food Kit. I liked it so much, I expressed interest in reviewing their Toddler Food book. Here is some basic info on the book:
- 48 page Toddler cookbook
- Family-friendly, simple recipes making it convenient to make healthy meals
- 35 recipes with photos and USDA nutrition facts information
- Practical advice and tips for toddler eating behaviors and healthy eating
- Available in English or Spanish
- Six Tips for Developing Healthy Eating Habits
- The 10 Times Rule for Toddlers
- Converting Picky Eaters
- DOs and DON’Ts to Avoid Food Battles
- Making the Most of Your Child’s Day
The list is pretty explanatory, but let me elaborate a bit. The book starts off with some great tips for creating a great eater in your toddler. There are also lists of good food ideas for each meal of the day.
Now, here is the section I think is so beneficial for the mom who doesn’t consider herself a “cook.” They have a list of cooking terms. Do you know the difference between dicing and mincing? What about beating and mixing? Or combine? How exactly do you brown meat? There is a simple list of these and more to help you feel confident about what you are doing.
Recipes are organized by meal. Also included are sides, soups, and desserts. Each recipe in the book includes nutrition facts for that recipe. It also includes serving sizes for toddlers and serving sizes for adults, which is helpful so you will know how much to make if the whole family is eating it.
It is in full color with pictures. Every so often they include a full meal idea to go with that item. They might also have photos for how to prepare something (like a mango). They have taken foods toddlers tend to love, like pasta, cheese, and tortillas, and have added simple ingredients that provide more nutrition.
This is a great book for any mom, and I think especially for a mom who 1)has a picky eater or 2)feels a bit overwhelmed or uncreative about coming up with nutritional meals her child will eat. I love it because I love simple meals for breakfast and lunch, and it has lots of great ideas for fast meals full of nutrition. It is easy to get in a rut with food. This book can take you out!
Fresh Baby is giving away a book to one lucky reader! Shall we enter?
For Your First Entry:
Become a follower of this blog. Then leave a comment. If you are already a follower (the thing where your cute face pops up with all the other cute faces of people following), comment telling me so.
I am a follower!
For Your Second Entry:
“Like” this blog on Facebook. Once you have done so, come back and leave a comment saying you did so.
I “like” Chronicles on Facebook!
For Your Third Entry:
“Like” Fresh Baby on Facebook. You might already have done that in our previous contest. Once you “like” it, comment saying so.
I like it!
For Your Fourth Entry:
Follow Fresh Baby on Twitter. Again, you might already be doing so. Once you are, comment. Include your twitter ID.
Following their tweets! @valplowman.
For Your Fifth Entry:
Blog about the giveaway with a link to this post! You need to have a blog in order to blog about it. Once you have posted your blog, leave a comment with a link to the blog.
Blogged it! valscreations.blogspot.com
For Your Sixth Entry:
Change your status on Facebook to talk about the giveaway with a link to this post. Leave a comment saying you did so.
I changed my status!
For Your Seventh Entry:
Tweet about the giveaway on Twitter with a link to this post. Once you have done so, comment with your twitter ID (not mine).
I tweeted! @valplowman
- You must leave a comment in order to have an entry.
- You must leave a separate comment for each entry. This is not so I can get lots of comments–it is because it makes it a million times easier to choose a winner. It takes less time, and less time is good.
- You don’t have to do all seven entries…for example, if you just want to follow on Twitter but don’t want to enter through the other methods, you can just do entry four.
- One entry per comment.
- Up to seven entries per person.
- You must fulfill the rules of each entry for each entry to count. If I see the entry is not valid (did not meet entry requirements), I will remove your entry. Trust me, I check.
- Entries will be accepted until 11:59 PM Friday, October 1 Mountain Standard Time.
- The winner will be randomly selected at random.org
- The winner will be announced Saturday, October 2.
- If you would like, you can add your email address to your entry. If you are the winner, I will email you to let you know. You do not need to add your email address in order to win. I understand not everyone wants to share their email addresses with the world. I will announce the winner on the blog, so you can check the blog Saturday to find out if you won.
- Once the winner is announced, you will have one week to contact me or another winner will be chosen. Be sure to check back. The only thing worse than not winning is to win but not realize it in time!