Any links to Amazon are affiliate links.
Shea from The Moses Home is also blogging today. She is talking about the importance of the first nap and how to protect it. Shea’s post is spot on. I love every tip and bit of advice she shares here. As Shea shares:
This nap is the most important nap for infants, in my opinion, because this nap sets the napping tone for your baby’s day. Any subsequent naps are dependent on this nap, and how baby sleeps for the rest of the day will be determined by the success of this nap. Oddly enough, this nap also happens to be the nap that infants can handle the LEAST amount of waketime before. It is common for moms to think that since they have just had a full night (or at least in the early newborn days, the longest stretch of sleep) that they could handle a little time awake before needing a nap again. This is just not true.
Shea goes on to talk more about why that first nap is so important, how to get it down, and then she breaks down each age group from birth on up to toddlers. Head on over to The Moses Home to read all of her helpful advice.
Related posts on this blog:
It is Babywise Friendly Blog Network week! You will be hearing from these lovely ladies this week, all on the topic of sleep:
- Monday: Valerie at Chronicles of a Babywise Mom
- Tuesday: Shea at The Moses Home
- Tuesday: Stephanie at Giving It Grace
- Wednesday: Brooke at Apffel a Day
- Wednesday: Kimberly at Team Cartwright
- Thursday: Carrie at Wiley Adventures
- Thursday: Emily at The Journey of Parenthood
- Friday: Claire at My Devising
- Friday: Elaine at Faithfully Infertile