Allergy season is upon us! I asked you all how you survive allergies on Facebook. I wanted to know everything from food allergies to environmentally caused allergies. This post contains affiliate links.
- Bath. Take a bath each evening to wash off allergens. One person pointed out that with nightly baths, you are making sure the allergens don’t get onto the blankets and pillows you will be breathing all night.
- Remove and wash clothes. By the same reasoning, remove clothes and wash them after being outside.
- Essential oils. Oils like lemon, lavender, peppermint, and RC.
- Claritin/Zyrtec. Take a Claritin, or some other antihistamine, each morning. You will likely have to rotate brands every few months as your body can build up a tolerance. Allergies are often easier to prevent than to treat.
- Benadryl. Take this as needed.
- Neti Pot. Use a Neti Pot to flush the nasal passages.
- Nasal spray. Read labels carefully because many can only be used for 3 days before causing issues.
- Antihistamine eye drops.
- Take shoes off before coming in the house.
- Keep windows closed.
- Train Child. One mom shared that with her young daughter, she is training her to ask if the allergen is in the food before she eats anything.
- Stick with Brands and Restaurants You Trust. Once you find those brands and restaurants that you know are safe, stick with those.
Do you have more input? How do you survive any type of allergy?
Other Great “Surviving” Posts:
|Surviving 45 Minute Naps|
|Surviving Witching Hour|
|Surviving Ear Infections|
|Surviving Bad Weather|
|Surviving Bed Rest|
|Surviving Diaper Rash|
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?