What I do is very simple. I add it to the fabric softener holder in my washing machine. Then I don't need to use any other fabric softener or dryer sheet. Fabulous!
Since I have started doing it, I have looked into vinegar in the laundry and found the following:
- Adding 1/2 cup to the load helps prevent colors from fading (I saw on Pinterest you can soak your jeans in vinegar to prevent fading--don't know if it is true, but I saw it).
- It is a natural fabric softener.
- Use 1 cup to wash the tub. I have done this for years. I do it about once a quarter--how often you would want to do it would vary with you. Just add it as your "detergent" and run a load. You can use some old rags in it or just run it with nothing but water and vinegar (sometimes I also do bleach).
- 1 1/2 cups is a natural whitener.
- Rub directly on clothes to fight stains.
- It is a natural deodorizer.
Try it out!