- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced (my husband likes at least 4 cloves of garlic)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp oregano
- 29 ounces tomato sauce
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces of no-cook lasagna noodles (though to be honest, I have used no-cook and cook and both work fine)
- In a skillet, brown beef with onion and garlic.
- Once browned, add in tomato sauce, tomato paste, water, salt, pepper, and oregano. Mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cheeses.
- In a 5 quart slowcooker, spread about 1/4 of the meat sauce (this isn't rocket science; just eyeball it).
- Arrange 1/3 of the noodles.
- Spoon 1/3 of the cheese mix over noodles.
- Repeat meat sauce, then noodles, then cheese.
- Again, repeat meat sauce, noodles, then cheese.
- Top with remaining meat sauce.
- My husband likes to add more mozzarella cheese over this final layer of sauce.
- Cook on low until noodles are tender. My recipe says 4-5 hours, but I have found 4 hours is too long. I like 3.5 hours.
This goes well with some sort of bread--french bread, baguettes, bread sticks... I also always serve with a green vegetable such as green salad, peas, or green beans.