Any links to Amazon are affiliate links.
Item: Books for children to read
Company: Bob Books
Contact: Contact Bob Books
I was given a free copy of this product in order to review it. All opinions are my own.
I love doing these reviews. I love seeing what you all create–it is fun to see all of the new ideas out there! But that doesn’t mean I am not interested in what I already know and love. When Lynn over at Bob Books contacted me about reviewing the new Bob Books Sight Words books, I was thrilled!
About a year ago, I posted about our success with Bob Books. I really like them. So I was more than happy to review the new sight words book, and since Brayden was just starting Kindergarten, it was pefect timing!
I really like the books. Something that I think is so great about them is that the child is reading the sight words in the context of sentences. This means the child is practicing the sight words in the context of reading them in sentences. So instead of looking at a flash card and saying “the” “was” “go” etc., he reads it in a book and really learns it. And not only that, but the word varies. Sometimes it starts a sentence. Sometimes it is in the middle. So the child sees it capitalized and all in lower case. The child really learns the sight words so that he can read them on sight when reading a book, which is the whole point, right?
I love Bob books. They are interesting to the child. Brayden is always giggling at what is going on. Interest provides motivation to keep going. Brayden asks to read Bob Books each day. He asks to read more othan one each day. He loves them.
Oh, and if you are like me and love to know the history of how things got started, be sure to check out the story on how Bob Books got started.
Okay, so Lynn has made it possible so that Scholastic will do a giveaway on these fabulous new books! The winner of the giveaway will win the Kindergarten Sight Words set and the First Grade Sight Words set. If you never enter a giveaway, enter this one! It is worth a shot at entering, even just once. I promise you will love these books.
For Your First Entry:
Become a follower of this blog. Then leave a comment. If you are already a follower (the thing where your cute face pops up with all the other cute faces of people following), comment telling me so.
I am a follower!
For Your Second Entry:
“Like” this blog on Facebook. Once you have done so, come back and leave a comment saying you did so.
I “like” Chronicles on Facebook!
For Your Third Entry:
“Like” Bob Books on Facebook. Once you “like” it, comment saying so.
I like it!
For Your Fourth Entry:
Follow Bob Books on Twitter. Once you have done so, comment with your twitter ID (not mine).
I am following Bob Books on Twitter! @yourIDhere
For Your Fifth Entry:
Blog about the giveaway with a link to this post! You need to have a blog in order to blog about it. Once you have posted your blog, leave a comment with a link to the blog.
Blogged it! valscreations.blogspot.com
For Your Sixth Entry:
Change your status on Facebook to talk about the giveaway with a link to this post. Leave a comment saying you did so.
I changed my status!
For Your Seventh Entry:
Tweet about the giveaway on Twitter with a link to this post. Once you have done so, comment with your twitter ID (not mine).
I tweeted! @yourIDhere
- You must leave a comment in order to have an entry.
- You must leave a separate comment for each entry. This is not so I can get lots of comments–it is because it makes it a million times easier to choose a winner. It takes less time, and less time is good.
- You don’t have to do all seven entries…for example, if you just want to follow Bob Books on Twitter, you can just do entry four.
- One entry per comment.
- Up to seven entries per person.
- You must fulfill the rules of each entry for each entry to count. If I see the entry is not valid (did not meet entry requirements), I will remove your entry. Trust me, I check.
- Entries will be accepted until 11:59 PM Friday, October 15 Mountain Standard Time.
- The winner will be randomly selected at random.org
- The winner will be announced Saturday, October 16.
- If you would like, you can add your email address to your entry. If you are the winner, I will email you to let you know. You do not need to add your email address in order to win. I understand not everyone wants to share their email addresses with the world. I will announce the winner on the blog, so you can check the blog Saturday to find out if you won.
- Once the winner is announced, you will have one week to contact me or another winner will be chosen. Be sure to check back. The only thing worse than not winning is to win but not realize it in time!