Any links to Amazon are affiliate links.
When it comes to eating and crying, Tracy Hogg lists some good assessments for figuring out why baby is crying. It is found on page 109 in The Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems.
- After Feeds: It might be gas or reflux
- Same Time Each Day: Colic or witching hour (witching hour is my addition)
- Erratic and Random: Might be personality
- Pulls Feet To Chest: Likely gas
- Rigid and Arches Back: Reflux or over stimulation
- Burping: Gas
- Bicycling Legs: Gas
- Sitting Upright: Reflux
- Motion or White Noise: Colic or witching hour (witching hour is my addition)
Once you have a guess as to the reason for the crying, you can try to help ease the discomfort and reason for crying. If it is colic, there might be little you can do, but at least you would know it is nothing you are doing “wrong.”
RELATED POSTS/BLOG LABELS
- baby whisperer (blog label)
- colic (blog label)
- crying (blog label)
- gas (blog label)
- Reflux (blog label)
- witching hour (blog label)
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it 1-5!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!