I think the myth I was most surprised about reading was that your child won’t be interactive if you do Babywise. Remember, I didn’t become aware of the anti-Babywise sentiment… View Post
Babywise (or Baby Wise). On Becoming Babywise, by Gary Ezzo and Robert Bucknam, is a baby sleep book. This book helps you to establish a routine and schedule for baby. You follow a simple eat, wake, sleep routine to help your little one get great sleep.
The Babywise method helps with infant sleep, baby sleep, toddler sleep, and preschooler sleep. The book helps you establish a solid sleep cycle so babies take great naps and has great nighttime sleep.
The Babywise book is helpful for improving life as a parent and for the entire family.
When my oldest was 9 weeks old, I turned to Babywise to see what it was all about. I was in such desperate need for guidance that I read the entire book in a few hours. Read my full story here.
It was all so simple. Start with feeding baby (whether breastfeeding or bottle feeding). Then you spend some wake time with baby. You might do baths, read, play, go for a walk…whatever. Then when it is time, you do nap.
Babywise says baby should fall asleep independently, which means you might need to sleep train. There is not a lot of detail on sleep training in the book as far as “how to”– so long as baby falls asleep independently, you have met your goal.
Once baby wakes up, you do it all over again.
Of course this little snippet about Babywise is just a surface scratch of what you will read about in the books. It is the best parenting decision I made to follow On Becoming Babywise.
As with anything in life, everything isn’t sunshine and rainbows with Babywise. Difficulties and questions arise. This blog is intended to help you navigate those questions so you can continue to enjoy the benefits at all ages, from three months old to three years old to thirteen years old.
Here are posts I have written to get you through the most common questions parents encounter. If you have more questions on a topic like naps, be sure to see the Blog Index for a full listing of posts on each topic.
- An Honest Babywise Book Review
- A Complete Summary of the Babywise Method
- Babywise FAQs
- Babywise Information
- Babywise Instructs Parents to Feed Baby When Hungry
- Babywise Milestones
- Evolution of Babywise at Our House
- How to Do On Becoming Babywise
- Gist of Babywise
- Starting, Stopping, and Coming Back to Babywise
- Your Babywise Baby First Year Overview
- 5 REASONS I LOVE ON BECOMING BABYWISE
- 11 REASONS TO LOVE BABYWISE
- BENEFITS OF BABYWISE IN OLDER CHILDREN
- HOW ON BECOMING BABYWISE SAVED MY MOTHERHOOD
- MORE BENEFITS OF BABYWISE
- WHY 58 MOMS PUT EFFORT INTO BABYWISE
- COMBATING BABYWISE MYTHS #2: YOU HAVE TO ABANDON YOUR CHILD’S NEEDS
- COMBATING BABYWISE MYTHS #3: YOUR BABY WILL NOT THRIVE
- COMBATING BABYWISE MYTHS #4: IF YOU NEED HELP WITH IT, THEN IT IS OBVIOUSLY A WRONG THING TO DO
- COMBATING BABYWISE MYTHS #5: BABYWISE WILL CAUSE YOU TO LOOSE YOUR MILK SUPPLY IF NURSING
- COMBATTING BABYWISE MYTHS #7: YOUR CHILD WILL NOT BE INTERACTIVE
Dreamfeed (or Dream Feed)
Eat, Wake, Sleep
- BABYWISE AND REFLUX
- MAKING BABYWISE WORK WITH REFLUX
- BABYWISE AND TWINS: THE NEWBORN DAYS
- THE 5 BEST THINGS ABOUT DOING BABYWISE WITH TWINS (AND THE 3 HARDEST!)
- ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS TO ANY BABYWISE BEDROOM
- SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT: A TALE OF FOUR CHILDREN
- SAMPLE BABYWISE SCHEDULES: THE SECOND MONTH
- SAMPLE BABYWISE SCHEDULES: THE THIRD MONTH
- SAMPLE BABYWISE SCHEDULES: THE FOURTH MONTH
- BABYWISE SAMPLE SCHEDULES: THE FIFTH MONTH
- BABYWISE SAMPLE SCHEDULES: THE SIXTH MONTH
- BABYWISE SAMPLE SCHEDULES: THE SEVENTH MONTH
- SAMPLE BABYWISE BABY SCHEDULES
- Adjusting for Context Using Babywise
- THE BABYWISE FOUR HOUR SCHEDULE
- HELPFUL ROUTINE INFORMATION FOR A GREAT BABY ROUTINE
- HOW TO GO OUT WITH YOUR BABYWISE BABY
- HOW TO KNOW WHEN IT IS TIME TO EXTEND WAKETIME LENGTH BETWEEN NAPS
- HOW TO PLAN YOUR IDEAL BABYWISE SCHEDULE
Why do an eat, wake sleep pattern for Babywise. The purpose behind the pattern and how it helps your baby sleep better. Over the last few months, I have seen… View Post
Babywise and Twins. Tips from three Babywise twin moms about how to do the Babywise schedule with twins. Okay, I have no experience with Babywise and twins. I do, however,… View Post
Reasons you can successfully breastfeed your Babywise baby. You can absolutely breastfeed a baby on a schedule. This myth doesn’t require a lot for me to combat it. Many people… View Post
Babywise myths discussed. What is fact and what is fiction. Is it okay to have questions when you are parenting? One day I read a comment online from a mom… View Post
Babywise Milestones you can expect in the first two years when you follow On Becoming Babywise. When to expect sleeping through the night, naps dropped, a four hour schedule, and… View Post
Combating Babywise Myths #3: Your Baby Will Not Thrive. Babywise babies thrive and grow really well despite the claims otherwise. Two month old Kaitlyn–a real-life Babywise baby When looking… View Post