Any links to Amazon are affiliate links.
I typically do recipes on Fridays, but I also do giveaways on Fridays and we have a lot of great giveaways lined up. So this is a Feed Me Friday on a Thursday.
I make a smoothie pretty much daily. I like to experiment and try different things. I recently put together a smoothie that Brayden and I both really like. As I was drinking it yestesrday morning, I thought, “I need to write this down so I don’t forget the ingredients. Oh! I should share it with my readers! Oh I better take a picture of it!” And so you see very little smoothie left. I was drinking faster than I was thinking 🙂 This is a very good, autumn-y flavored smoothie. It comes in just over 300 calories per serving (half of the recipe is what I call one serving. The recipe fills two large glasses and one small one).
- 2-4 Tablespoons oatmeal (I like 2 per person when I am making a smoothie). Note this is real oatmeal–not quick oatmeal.
- 2-4 Tablespoons flax seeds (I like 2 per person when I am making a smoothie).
- 1 Tablespoon agave nectar (or honey works)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 banana
- 2 apples
- 16 ounces milk
- 1/2-1 tsp vanilla (I just eyeball this)
- Handful of ice
- I start by putting my oatmeal and flax seeds into my blender. I then pulse it several times to break it down a bit before blending it all together. I don’t find this necessary for just oatmeal, but flax seeds benefit from this step.
- Add milk.
- Add peeled banana.
- Cut and core apples and add them.
- Add the cinnamon, agave/honey, and vanilla.
- Add ice.
- Mix and serve!
What is your favorite smoothie combination?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?