Any links to Amazon are affiliate links.
I typically do recipes on Fridays, but I also do giveaways on Fridays and we have a lot of great giveaways lined up. So this is a Feed Me Friday on a Thursday.
I make a smoothie pretty much daily. I like to experiment and try different things. I recently put together a smoothie that Brayden and I both really like. As I was drinking it yestesrday morning, I thought, “I need to write this down so I don’t forget the ingredients. Oh! I should share it with my readers! Oh I better take a picture of it!” And so you see very little smoothie left. I was drinking faster than I was thinking 🙂 This is a very good, autumn-y flavored smoothie. It comes in just over 300 calories per serving (half of the recipe is what I call one serving. The recipe fills two large glasses and one small one).
- 2-4 Tablespoons oatmeal (I like 2 per person when I am making a smoothie). Note this is real oatmeal–not quick oatmeal.
- 2-4 Tablespoons flax seeds (I like 2 per person when I am making a smoothie).
- 1 Tablespoon agave nectar (or honey works)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 banana
- 2 apples
- 16 ounces milk
- 1/2-1 tsp vanilla (I just eyeball this)
- Handful of ice
- I start by putting my oatmeal and flax seeds into my blender. I then pulse it several times to break it down a bit before blending it all together. I don’t find this necessary for just oatmeal, but flax seeds benefit from this step.
- Add milk.
- Add peeled banana.
- Cut and core apples and add them.
- Add the cinnamon, agave/honey, and vanilla.
- Add ice.
- Mix and serve!
What is your favorite smoothie combination?