Any links to Amazon are affiliate links.
This is a summary for Brinley from 20-20.5 months old.
Sleeping was great. Everything was as you would want!
Eating was also great.
Play was great. She is obsessed with the “outside-side.” The word “cold” is a four-letter word to her. She doesn’t care if it is cold or not, she wants to play outside-side. Luckily for her, it is usually nice enough for outside these days.
See a trend? She was just so great during this time. Seriously one of those ideal periods in life.
She was super patient and super self-entertaining. These are the moments you live for :).
Brinley is a very good cleaner. One day she was wanting to go outside, and my husband and I were fishing up something. I told her we would take her out when we were done. She was one-track-minding it and didn’t like that answer. So I gave her a baggie of those magnet latters to play wiht. She was very interested.
For about two minutes.
Until she dumped them all out and wanted to go “outside-side.” I told her she could go outside after she cleaned up her letters.
And she did it! She picked them all up and put them in the baggie. I didn’t actually think she would be able to do that independently. As soon as the last letter fell in the bag she exclaimed, “Kay! Outside-side!”
One day she was drinking some water and spilled it on the floor. She ran over and grabbed a towel, wiped it up, then put the towel back.
She definitely displays some OCD tenancies. She can’t walk past the closet door with it open without her shutting it. It is quite amusing (and thrilling. Absolutely thrilling).
8:15–wake up. Eat breakfast (fruit, cereal, and milk)
Get ready. Clean with mom.
10:00 Independent Playtime.
Play with McKenna.
4:00-4:30–wake up. Snack. Play.
7:30–Sippy of milk, then bedtime. In bed by 8:00.
- On Becoming Toddlerwise
- Wholesome Toddlerfood.com
- The Toddler’s Busy Book
- What To Expect The Toddler Years (this is okay–I don’t love it)
- Super Baby Food
- So Easy Toddler Food cookbook
- The Wonder Weeks. (and a link to their site:http://livingcontrolsystems.com/)
- Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child
- The Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems: Sleeping, Feeding, and Behavior–Beyond the Basics from Infancy Through Toddlerhood
- Baby Body Signs: The Head-to-Toe Guide to Your Child’s Health, from Birth Through the Toddler Years
- Secrets of the Baby Whisperer: How to Calm, Connect, and Communicate with Your Baby
- The Wonder Weeks
RELATED POSTS/BLOG LABELS:
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it 1-5!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!