Any links to Amazon are affiliate links.
I am currently in the middle of reading Childwise. I thought I would list the principles listed in the book. I will later take each principle and go into more depth on each topic with my added thoughts.
- Great marriages make great parents (Put Your Marriage First)
- Use the strength of your leadership early on and the strength of your relationship later. (Leadership and Authority: Childwise)
- Parent now, be friends later. (Parent vs. Friend: Childwise) (Four Phases of Parenting (Childwise))
- Instill morality into a child and his behavior will fall into place. (Moral Training: Love)
- What you do not yourself desire, do not put forth before others. Do to others what you would have them do to you.
- Other people count.
- It is not enough to teach your children how to act morally; they must learn to think morally.
- To teach a virtue, one example (you) is better than a thousand lectures.
- Discipline is heart food for your child.
- If learning didn’t take place, correction didn’t happen.
- Allowing a child to progress into his new and expanding world in an orderly fashion greatly enhances learning and decreases the need for correction.
- Constantly reminding a child to do what is expected only means you have no expectation.
- Verbal affirmation is never redundant.
- Wise parenting is better than power parenting.
- An ounce of self-control is better than a pound of trouble.
- babywise theory
- Childwise Goals of Parenting : http://babywisemom.blogspot.com/2008/05/childwise-goals-of-parenting.html
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?