Book review of the Preschooler’s Busy Book by Trish Kuffner. Find out what the book includes and if it it is worth buying or not.
I recently reviewed the Toddler’s Busy Book: Book Review: The Toddler’s Busy Book. The Preschooler’s Busy Book is also by Trish Kuffner. This is also a good book.
The Preschooler’s Busy Book also has 365 learning games and activities. It is for the age range 3-6 years old. Here is a list of the activities found in this book:
- Tips for planning activities
- Rainy Day Activities
- Kids in the Kitchen: This chapter has a lot of recipes that are easy to make with kids.
- Outdoor Adventures
- Out and About: This chapter has good ideas for things to do while driving in the car. I think this is great because you can do things that developmentally help your child rather than just turning the DVD player on.
- Reading, Writing, ‘Rithmetic, and More: This chapter has reading readiness, math, geography, and basic botany.
- Music, Dance, and Drama: This chapter has ideas for music and rhythm, movement and dance, and dramatic play.
- Arts and Crafts: including drawing, painting, printmaking, sculpting, paper-mache, and crafts
- Birthdays and Holidays
- Recipes: Recipes for paint, finger paint, playdough, clay, glue, paste, and more.
- Gifts: Gifts ideas your preschooler can make
- Books: Good books for children in this age range
I really like these books by Kuffner. I recently discovered that she has a sibling busy book and I ordered it (review to come). They are so inexpensive and have so many ideas. The activities are easy to do and inexpensive to implement (most are free).