Hanger Tags! About two years ago, I started using these hanger tags to make our mornings easier. I LOVE these things.
Each Sunday, I go through my children’s clothes and choose their clothes for the week (if your child is old enough to have input on clothing choices, involve your child in this process). I put the tag on the hanger for the appropriate day and hang it in the closet. Then when the child gets up, he/she gets the clothes and gets dressed.
This has several benefits:
- Clothing Rotation: I do laundry on Mondays, so choosing our clothes on Sunday means that clothes that were worn in the last week won’t be worn this week (with the exception of pants/skirts.shorts since we have fewer of those than shirts). I just like the variety and the more even wear on clothes.
- Special Occasions: If Friday is “wear orange day,” I can set aside the orange piece of clothing for Friday and know it will be there and ready when Friday morning comes around.
- Simplifying Mornings: My favorite benefit is that it simplifies the mornings! I don’t need to be around or involved at all in the clothes picking for the day. I don’t need to say, “Oops! You can’t wear that until Friday! Go change.”
You could even do this for yourself!
Make Your Own:
Do you want some? I have some for you for free.
- Go here to download the file (these are PDF files):
- Print the file. I printed mine on cardstock.
- Laminate if desired.
- Punch or cut a hole in it so you can slip it on the hangers.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?