McKenna Baby Summary: Week 47

Any links to Amazon are affiliate links.

Remember last week how no news was good news? Well, this week I have lots of news, and not all good.

We are still nursing 4 times a day and all is well with supply, but not all is well with nursing.

I started to suspect a yeast infection in one breast early in the week. I then waited (like a fool) four days before calling the doctor about it. By the time I did call, I knew it was a yeast infection because not only did I have the burning fire inside my breast, but I had potholes all over my nipple that were bleeding and a rash all around the areola. Yes, I am dumb. I should have called sooner. I am now on dyflucan and using Newman’s Nipple Cream (which has saved my life). It is mildly better. Instead of curling my toes and grinding my teeth in pain, I just squeeze my stomach and close my eyes in pain when she nurses. It is slight, but an improvement just the same. Good thing because I couldn’t have lasted to 12 months old like that.

Ah. But that isn’t all. At the beginning of this, McKenna started trying out biting me. So not only does she suck hard, but thought it would interesting to bite. I told her not to, and she would just lightly do it and wait for my reaction. It didn’t cause pain (happily) but still not something I wanted to deal with. I started ignoring her because she was obviously wanting a reaction from me. After a couple days of ignoring that, she stopped.

At the height of the bleeding, McKenna stopped nursing from that side. It probably tasted gross. I didn’t mind because, man, it was painful. So I pumped to make sure supply could somewhat stay up. She did that for about a day. Once she started nursing again, things have been fine so far as supply goes.

The third nap is still dropped.

Our church schedule was different this week. Instead of 1, we had it at 10 AM. 10 AM is nice so far as the rest of the family goes, but for McKenna, that is a rough time. She and I spent most of the time sitting in the mother’s lounge. I didn’t bring any toys or anything in there and she just at on my lap. I tried to rock her to sleep, but she wouldn’t do it. She was happy to sit on my lap and look at me šŸ™‚ At least I was able to listen to speakers still.

When we got home, it was about noon. I decided to put her down for a short nap before lunch. She normally eats at 12:30. I let her sleep until 1:15 then got her up, fed her, and she played for a short time before going down for her second nap. I can’t remember exactly, but I think she went down about 2:30. The rest of the day was normal.

8:20 AM–wake, nurse, solids (prunes or peaches/apricots and oatmeal). This is when we do a bath and independent playtime. We then do sibling playtime.
10:15 AM–nap.
12:30 PM–wake, nurse, solids (green veggie and applesauce. Sometimes mix with blueberries or cherries). She then “helps” me put Brayden in rest time (which just means telling him to go) and Kaitlyn down for her nap. This is then free play with me in the same room.
2:20 PM–nap
4:30 PM–wake, nurse, solids (yellow veggie and bananas or pears). Then time with Daddy.
5:30ish PM–dinner with family. Finger foods and what we are having. Then time with family.
7:15-7:30 PM–nurse, PJs, story, prayers, bed.



How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it 1-5!

Average rating / 5. Vote count:

As you found this post useful...

Follow us on social media!

We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!

Let us improve this post!


Valerie, also known as The Babywise Mom, is the mother to four children. She has been blogging on Babywise and general parenting since 2007. She has a degree in technical writing and loves using those skills to help parents be the best parents they can be! Read her book,Ā The Babywise Mom Nap Guide, to get help on sleep from birth through the preschool years. You can also find her writing at, Today Parenting, and Her View From Home. Read more about Valerie and her family on theĀ AboutĀ page. Follow her onĀ Facebook,Ā Pinterest, andĀ InstagramĀ for more tips and helps.

Find me on: Web | Twitter | Facebook

Leave a Reply