The ten very best things about 6-7 month olds. There are always things to love about every age and stage. Here is what to love about this age group.
Once again, I love this age range! I remember when Brayden was a baby at this age. It seemed that six months was a significant milestone. Life got a lot easier.
Things to Love About 6-7 Month Olds
Here are some things to love about the 6-7 month old age range.
- Sit and Play: For most babies, this is the age range when they start sitting well enough to sit and play on the floor. You can give your 6 or 7 month old a container or toys and watch her pull them out and play.
- Vocal: I love the jabbering babies do in this age range. They just go on and on.
- Awake Longer: Your baby is able to stay awake longer, which means more time for playing and more time for getting out of the house.
- More Flexible: The 6-7 month old is also more flexible in life. The occasional nap and late bedtime aren’t going to throw the next few days way off.
- Loves Books: Babies really start to show a lot of love for books in this age range–grabbing them, patting them, and talking to them.
- Budding Personality: You start to see your babies personality really come out. Your baby will start to take note of what makes you laugh and work very hard to re-create it.
- Real Words: Some babies might say their first real word during this age range. They aren’t incredibly clear, but it is the first step to communicating verbally and is of course very exciting!
- Shows Comprehension: I remember one day playing with six month old McKenna in front of a mirror. I could see the light click as she realized the baby in the mirror was her and when I was behind her in the mirror it meant I was behind her for real. It was fun to see her put two and two together.
- Solids: Most people start solids in this age range. I love watching babies try new foods. With McKenna, for nearly every new food she made a completely disgusted face and gave a shudder. It didn’t ever mean she didn’t like it–she loved it all. But it was fun to watch her try it all.
- Finger Foods: During month 7, most babies start finger foods. It is fun to watch the baby try to get the food in her mouth and to learn to chew.
Please share your favorite things about this age group too!
RELATED BLOG POSTS
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?