There is something amazing about a 5 month old! They are just sweet and usually very easy. Among the things, here are the 10 very best.
I think with every one of these posts, you will find me saying, “I love this age!” I pretty much just find each stage my new favorite. There are things to love about each stage.
I really try to enjoy each stage for its special merits instead of looking forward to what is to come. It is a hard thing to do in life (live happily in the moment), but something I really strive for, especially with my children.
Read: Enjoy the Moment
Best Things About 5 Month Olds
They really do grow up fast! Here are my top ten favorite things about a 5 month old.
- Predictable Schedule: After the newborn months, it is so nice to have two weeks in a row wehre pretty much everything is the same. Waketime lengths are about the same. Naptimes and eating times are about the same. Aaahhhh, predictability!
- Raspberries: I don’t like raspberries while the baby is eating (I don’t like wearing the food!), but I think they are super cute when baby is playing.
- Open-mouthed Kisses–and Initiates Them: The open-mouthed kiss is just too cute. Your baby might start leaning her body toward you with her mouth wide open. She wants a kiss! Keep in mind, your baby will only do this if you kiss her.
- Loves Games and Songs: The five month old will start to show her excitement for the games like peek-a-boo and the songs/finger plays you have been trying to engage her in.
- Studies Hands: I love to watch a baby when she first starts to play with her hands. She twists them around. She grabs them with her other hands. She concentrates so hard on them with her brow all furrowed (and if you are McKenna, your tongue slightly out of her mouth!).
- Grabs Feet: McKenna is my only baby to do this. She will lay on the ground and play with her feet. I think it is so cute!
- Gross Motor Milestones: The five month old is starting to meet some of those big gross motor skills milestones. Kaitlyn was five months old when she started sitting on her own. It is around this age that you start to realize your baby is growing up!
- Mom/Dad’s the Coolest: Your baby will enjoy other people still right now, but you are still the best, and that just warms your heart.
- Good Listener: You can just sit and jabber on to your five month old and she will stare at your face and listen. She exhibits fantastic listening skills 🙂
- Happy Dance: This is my favorite. I love when your baby starts to do the happy dance when you go to get her up from a nap. They wiggle their whole body in different directions and give you a huge smile.
There is my top ten. Please share your favorite things about the five month old!
- Best Things…3 Month Olds
- Best Things…4 Month Olds
- Best Things…6-7 Month Old
- 3-6 Month Old Baby Index
- Babywise Sample Schedules: The Fifth Month
- Babywise Sample Schedules: The Sixth Month
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?