Any links to Amazon are affiliate links.
This is a summary for Brinley from 15.5-16 months old.
|This is her favorite thing to do right now–sit at the
table with the picnic set.
Eating is good and normal. Have I mentioned that she is a sugar-addict? She loves sugar, especially chocolate. Loves. You know the crazy thing? Brayden tasted some sugar at his first birthday, then not again until he was 18 months old. Just another difference between a first and fourth child. At least she still eats healthy food 🙂
Playing is also good.
Brinley moved to one nap a day even on Sundays. She is quite flexible, so on Sunday we can put her down two hours early and she still takes a good nap. I don’t know if that is because she is still young for one nap or if it is just how flexible she is. Time will tell. My best guess is it is her age. She definitely is a flexible person–she has been great through disruptions over the holiday season. So she definitely has flexibility going for her, but going down for a nap two hours early is pretty odd for a baby, so I am guessing it is mostly that she is young enough she can be tired enough for a nap at that point and partially that she is also flexible.
Remember how I was wondering how the whole Christmas tree thing would go? She has been awesome! She started by touching, then moved to just looking, and now she doesn’t even seem to be tempted by it. She only took one day of reminders to get to be consistent enough I trusted her by the tree.
Brinley got another cold during this period. Sicknesses are so annoying! And I don’t think she is sick that often, but it seems like every summary lately has had a section on her having a cold or some other sickness.
8:15–wake up. Eat breakfast (fruit, cereal, and milk)
Get ready. Clean with mom.
10:30 Independent Playtime.
Play with McKenna.
4:00-4:30–wake up. Snack. Play.
7:30–Sippy of milk, then bedtime. In bed by 8:00.
- On Becoming Pre-Toddlerwise
- Baby Body Signs: The Head-to-Toe Guide to Your Child’s Health, from Birth Through the Toddler Years
- Secrets of the Baby Whisperer: How to Calm, Connect, and Communicate with Your Baby
- Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child
- The Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems: Sleeping, Feeding, and Behavior–Beyond the Basics from Infancy Through Toddlerhood
- The Wonder Weeks
- Fresh Baby So Easy Baby Food
- Super Baby Food
RELATED POSTS/BLOG LABELS:
- Pre-Toddler Summary: 16 Months Old (for McKenna)
- pre-toddler summary (blog label)
- Baby-Proofing :http://babywisemom.blogspot.com/2008/07/baby-proofing.html
- Childproofing vs. Houseproofing:https://www.babywisemom.com/2010/03/child-proofing-vs-house-proofing.html
- House-Proofing: Pick your battles
- Teaching Your Baby “No”:http://babywisemom.blogspot.com/2008/01/teaching-your-baby-no.html
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?