Any links to Amazon are affiliate links.
Chronicles of a Babywise Mom Reader Week 2018. Connect with other Babywise Moms.
July is a different month here on the blog. We do a big BFBN week, a success story week, and a reader week. What is a reader week you may ask? Well, you are in it. It has arrived.
This is my eighth year doing a reader week in July on this blog. This is the week we focus on the readers of the blog. I love to help readers connect and to help each other out. This is a week when you all get to contribute to making this blog a valuable resource.
My posts are helpful to you all, yes, but so are your comments and contributions. It is one thing to see one mom (me) doing Babywise, but quite another to see how many moms do it. Something I love about reader week is that it adds a myriad of experiences to the mix. I haven’t experienced
every parenting issue that can come up and I consistently learn new things from readers. For example, I never knew about a tongue tie until a reader told me about it. There is great value to working together and collaborating. That is why I continue to host this week year after year.
I so appreciate you readers and all you do to contribute to this blog! Even your questions you ask me contribute because it helps me know what your common concerns are and what information will be most helpful to you.
Here is the plan for the week:
TUESDAY: READER SAMPLE SCHEDULES DAY
The Readers Sample Schedules posts are some of the most popular and most-visited posts on this blog. I know you love them! So be sure to drop by Tuesday and add your most recent (or any from past years!) schedules. I will have a post up linking you to all of the reader sample schedule posts so you can easily get to your pertinent sample schedule post. I would love it if you would at least pop on and share your current schedule as it is today.
WEDNESDAY: BABYWISE HACK DAY
This will be new this year. I thought it would be fun to share some Babywise parenting hacks. Things you have done to make accomplishing your Babywise goals. Maybe you have some great tips for traveling with a baby or for juggling naps and school drop offs. Maybe you found a great cure for early waking or have a favorite sleep aid. Be brainstorming your Babywise hacks for Wednesday.
THURSDAY: READER BLOGS DAY
I will put a post up Thursday that will take you to the various posts where you can share your blog. I have a post for various categories, everything from business blogs to “just-for-fun” blogs. This is fun because it helps keep the Babywise community close and helps you be aware of blogs written by like-minded parents.
If you are a serious blogger, stay tuned that day for a special announcement from the Babywise Friendly Blog Network.
FRIDAY: READER FAVORITES DAY
I will put up a post Friday to link you posts where you can comment and share your favorite things. These will include baby products, toys, books, and more. These are super helpful for gift ideas (for friends and for your own children!). This is really nice as we are rounding the corner and approaching Christmas.
HOW TO SHARE
This week as you want to share and contribute to each day, there are several ways you can do it.
- Blog Post Comment. The good old fashioned comment. Note that I have comments turned to be moderated before publishing on this blog…spammers got a little out of control so I switched comments to prevent those comments from being seen by the masses (we don’t need a fortune teller to help us find out what secrets our husbands are keeping…)
- eMail me. Did you hear that I have a mailing list? When you sign up, you get a free printable outlining how much sleep children need from baby on up. One sheet for all of your children. You can sign up and then email me your contributions for any of the days you would like to.
- Facebook. Don’t forget to like and follow me on Facebook. I keep you updated with the blog posts here, share other articles that are of interest to you readers, and also interact with you about your questions. You can comment on the posts there.
- Facebook Group. The Facebook Group is new this year. I have been loving this group and I know the members have, also. You can share your thoughts about each day in that group. Join here. Be sure to answer the questions! I don’t admit people who do not answer.
- Another great way to connect is in Instagram. I share pictures from our daily lives and share quick tips that are helpful but don’t really add up to a full blog post. You can DM me or comment on my daily posts.
- And of course Pinterest is another fun way to connect. I pin things helpful to a parent in all ways, from specific parenting helps to fun activities, travel ideas, school helps, and dinner ideas (and more!). It isn’t really the most efficient way to communicate back and forth, but it is there if you need it.
- If you are a tweeter, follow me on Twitter to get little updates on what is going on the blog. You can tweet comments to me there if you don’t use the other methods of social media above.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it 1-5!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!