Any links to Amazon are affiliate links.
Today’s giveaway is brought to you in partnership with Gary and Anne Marie Ezzo. They are giving away the Let’s Ask Auntie Anne five book series. This series is different from their other parenting books. These books take on a narrative format with fictional characters. These characters turn to a wise, older woman, Auntie Anne, for parenting advice. The great thing is that Auntie Anne is not a fictional character, so the advice is sage and real.
The five books are:
- How to Raise a Loving Child
- How to Raise a Responsible Child
- How to Raise a Secure Child
- How to Raise a Trusting Child
- How to Raise a Moral Child
As you can see, the topics are along the abstract line of thinking. Stories have a powerful way of teaching us (just think of how Jesus Christ taught–primarily through stories and parables). We can lay out facts, studies, and check-lists, but often stories are what reach our heart and help us really grasp a concept. That is a great thing about these books–they are an easy way to internalize the ideas behind each of these topics.
I also love that this series subtly teaches us the value in turning to those who have gone before us in parenting for advice. I love to sit and visit with older women and hear how they parented. They have a unique perspective and can see how things impacted their children as children, teenagers, adults, and parents. They understand the important things in life–what to sweat and what not to. There are always golden nuggets of wisdom in speaking with them.
Today you can enter to win a copy of the Let’s Ask Auntie Anne series!
For Your First Entry: Become a follower of this blog. Then leave a comment. If you are already a follower (the thing where your cute face pops up with all the other cute faces of people following), comment telling me so.
I am a follower!
For Your Second Entry: “Like” CFH Babywise and Beyond on Facebook. Comment saying you do!
CFH Babywise and Beyond on Facebook!
For Your Third Entry:
Follow Babywise on Twitter (this is a way you can get a tweet of every post I publish!). Once you have done so, come back and comment saying you have done so. Include your twitter ID.
I am following Babywise on Twitter! @valplowman
For Your Fourth Entry:
Free Entry! But you must enter.
Entering for free!
For Your Fifth Entry:
Like Chronicles of a Babywise Mom on Facebook. Already do? Tell me so. Comment saying you like it.
Hi! I like Chronicles of a Babywise Mom on Facebook!
For Your Sixth Entry:
Blog, update your status, or tweet about this giveaway. Then comment saying you did so and which you did.
I tweeted! @valplowman
For Your Seventh Entry:
Share your favorite advice you have ever gotten from someone older and wiser than yourself.
Enjoy the moments–they grow up so fast.
- You must leave a comment in order to have an entry.
- You must leave a separate comment for each entry. This is not so I can get lots of comments–it is because it makes it a million times easier to choose a winner. It takes less time, and less time is good. Plus, it makes sure I don’t miss an entry.
- You don’t have to do all seven entries…for example, if you just want to follow this blog, you can just do entry one.
- One entry per comment.
- Up to seven entries per person.
- You must fulfill the rules of each entry for each entry to count. If I see the entry is not valid (did not meet entry requirements), I will disqualify your entry. Trust me, I check.
- Entries will be accepted until I choose the winner sometime August 3-4–we will see when the day comes what I do.
- The winner will be randomly selected at random.org
- The winner will be announced Friday August 3 or Saturday August 4.
- If you would like, you can add your email address to your entry. If you are the winner, I will email you to let you know. You do not need to add your email address in order to win. I understand not everyone wants to share their email addresses with the world. I will announce the winner on the blog, so you can check the blog Saturday to find out if you won.
- Once the winner is announced, you will have one week to contact me or another winner will be chosen. Be sure to check back. The only thing worse than not winning is to win but not realize it in time!
- Open only to US mailing addresses.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it 1-5!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!