Any links to Amazon are affiliate links.
This is a summary for the time period of 17.5-18 months old. This is it. The last of the pre-toddler summaries. The end. She is now a toddler.
Life was NOT calm these two weeks. Not at all. She was moody. She was mischievous. She was testing all sorts of boundaries. She was clingy. I attributed this to teeth coming in.
Even with all of the turmoil, McKenna continued to eat like a champ. She is fully independent when eating and doesn’t seek help with it anymore. She still eats a whole lot of food and a wide variety.
Nothing huge here. I was thinking that I should start prepping her room to move to roomtime instead of time in the playpen, so watch for that to happen within the next month or two. She played well, though sometimes was clingy to me.
Night sleep was good, but naps started to be hit and miss. I wasn’t sure if it was the teeth I suspected to be causing problems or if it was a need to go to one nap–or possibly both. We did stick with two naps during this two week period.
This is technically on the first day of her Toddler time, but is completely relavent to her behavior. We went to her 18 month well-check appointment and her doctor discovered an ear infection in one ear. Aha! So that is why she was clingy and not sleeping well. A bit of antibiotics and she was sleeping like her old self the next day. I thought it was teeth or even just an 18 month old thing, but it wasn’t.
9:30–go for a walk
2:30–“help” me with chores
5:00–wake. Dinner. Free play and family time
8:00–in bed by this time. Sometimes sooner.
- On Becoming Pre-Toddlerwise
- NEW On Becoming Toddlerwise
- Wholesome Toddlerfood.com
- The Toddler’s Busy Book
- What To Expect The Toddler Years (this is okay–I don’t love it)
- Super Baby Food
- Fresh Baby Cookbook
- NEW So Easy Toddler Food cookbook
- The Wonder Weeks. (and a link to their site:http://livingcontrolsystems.com/)
- Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child
- The Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems: Sleeping, Feeding, and Behavior–Beyond the Basics from Infancy Through Toddlerhood
RELATED POSTS/BLOG LABELS:
- Pre-Toddler Summary
- More Than Making it Through the Day: 15-18 Months :http://babywisemom.blogspot.com/2009/03/more-than-making-it-through-day-15-18.html
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?