Any links to Amazon are affiliate links.
|Brinley doing an activity from our
Babes,Tots, and Kids curriculum.
This is a summary for Brinley from 32.5 to 33 months old. She is 3 months shy of 3 years old.
Sleeping is good. She goes down for naps and bedtime well without much if any fighting and antics. We keep things super consistent and routine, and that helps her to not negotiate her way out of it.
Eating is pretty good. She has many meals where she eats very little so she can get back to playing, but then is hungry an hour later. I tell her that she needs to eat at her meal time.
She also has a strong affinity for sugar. Strong. What she really wants an hour later is some sugar. Cookie. Candy. Whatever. I have not had a child so obsessed with sugar before.
Playtime is going the well and the same. Dress up in a constant. She is “princess.”
Brinley really wants to go through and watch all of the princess movies. McKenna has only seen Cinderella and Frozen (at least until the last couple of weeks) because movies make her nervous. But Brinley wants them all, so they are going through and watching them. She is enjoying them.
The big story from this time period is her boundary testing. She is testing big time. She wants to know what will happen if she says no, if she stands her ground, if she continues to play after I have told her it is time to stop, if she grabs a paper off the counter and crumples it up…she wants to know it all! Time to suit up for a testing phase.
|Fun at our local amusement park. She loves riding rides.|
This is her typical daily schedule.
8:45 AM–Wake up/Breakfast
9:15 AM–Get ready
10:00 AM–TV time
10:30 AM–Independent Playtime
11:45 AM–Help get lunch ready/hang out with me doing stuff
12:45 PM–Learning Activity
1:00 PM–Sibling play with McKenna
4:30/5:00 PM–Wake up and Free Playtime
6:00 PM–Family Time
7:30 PM–Get Ready for Bed
This list contains affiliate links.
- Babes, Tots, and Kids Preschool Curriculum
- On Becoming Toddlerwise
- Wholesome Toddlerfood.com
- The Toddler’s Busy Book
- What To Expect The Toddler Years (this is okay–I don’t love it)
- Super Baby Food
- So Easy Toddler Food cookbook
- The Wonder Weeks. (and a link to their site:http://livingcontrolsystems.com/)
- Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child
- The Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems: Sleeping, Feeding, and Behavior–Beyond the Basics from Infancy Through Toddlerhood
- Baby Body Signs: The Head-to-Toe Guide to Your Child’s Health, from Birth Through the Toddler Years
- Secrets of the Baby Whisperer: How to Calm, Connect, and Communicate with Your Baby
- The Wonder Weeks
RELATED POSTS/BLOG LABELS:
- Toddler Summary: 32 Months Old(for McKenna)
- Toddler Summary: 2.5 Years Old (for Kaitlyn)
- Toddler Summary: 2.75 Years Old: https://www.babywisemom.com/2010/02/toddler-summary-275-years-old.html (for Kaitlyn)
- Index: Discipline
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it 1-5!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!