Today I wanted to post about gratitude. Since it is Thanksgiving month, rather than highlight one quote, I am going to post several that I like.
It is not happy people who are thankful. It is thankful people who are happy.
If we do not feel grateful for what we already have, what makes us think we’d be happy with more?
Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude.
Never let the things you want make you forget the things you have.
Commentary on that–I fond this on Pinterest and the comment on it talked about raising four children in a one bedroom house. This idea is something I often think about. My grandmother raised seven children in a very small house with only one bathroom. There were four bedrooms–three for the kids. She also did this in Wyoming where it is real winter for about 8 months of the year…in other words, very little playing outside happening. I try to remember this when I start to think about what I “need” in my house.
8 Important Ways That Gratitude Can Change Your Life:
- Have a morning gratitude session
- When you are having a hard day…make a gratitude list
- Instead of getting mad at someone, show gratitude.
- Instead of criticising your significant other, show gratitude
- Instead of complaining about your kids, be grateful for them
- When you face a major challenge, be grateful for it
- When you suffer a tragedy, be grateful for the life you still have
- Instead of looking at what you don’t have, look at what you do have.
I thought that was a great list!
You can see all of my posts on gratitude here: Gratitude
And here are some of the best:
- Be Thankful for Everything We Do Have
- Our Favorite Attitude…
- Quotable Mondays: Gratitude
- Teaching Gratitude
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?