Any links to Amazon are affiliate links.
|6 Months Old|
This is a summary for Brinley’s 27th week–she was 26 weeks old. She turned 6 months old this week!
Brinley went to four nursings this week. Initially, doing the five with squeezing the last three in together was working fine, but then she started not really wanting to eat for her last feeding of the day, and I want her to eat for her last feeding. So this is what we do:
7:30 NURSE and SOLIDS
11:30 NURSE and SOLIDS
NURSING IN NEW ENVIRONMENT
This week, we went to my parents at lunch time one day. We got her up from her morning nap and just headed over. She absolutely refused to nurse when we got there–she was too interested in the surroundings. I wished I would have fed her before we left the house. She has eaten there before with no issues, but she a no-go this time. She did after about an hour, though.
Wonder week was gone this week. She was happy and content and back to her normal self.
This week, we introduced peaches to Brinley. I could have introduced them earlier, but when I made them last fall, I didn’t think about the need to cook them for babies younger than 6 months. I only blanched and peeled them, so I waited until she was 6 months old.
We left her arm out for nighttime this week. She did great! No issues. We are moving along.
On that note, naps and night are going well.
Our schedule typically looks like this:
7:30–feed with solids–2-4 T prunes and 2 T of oatmeal mixed in
11:30–feed with solids–4 T of pears OR peaches and 2 T of oatmeal mixed in and 2 T of green beans OR peas with 1 T oatmeal mixed in and some fruit
6:00–solids–half a banana mixed with 2 T oatmeal OR 3-4 T applesauce mixed with 2 T oatmeal and sweet potatoes (1-2 T) OR butternut squash (1-2 T) and some fruit
7:30–feed, then bedtime. In bed by 8:00-8:10
- Baby Body Signs: The Head-to-Toe Guide to Your Child’s Health, from Birth Through the Toddler Years
- Secrets of the Baby Whisperer: How to Calm, Connect, and Communicate with Your Baby
- On Becoming Baby Wise
- Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child
- What to Expect the First Year
- The Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems: Sleeping, Feeding, and Behavior–Beyond the Basics from Infancy ThroughToddlerhood
- The Wonder Weeks
- Fresh Baby So Easy Baby Food
- Super Baby Food
RELATED POSTS/BLOG LABELS:
- baby summary (blog label)
- Swaddling (blog label)
- Swaddling: When to Stop? :http://babywisemom.blogspot.com/2008/04/swaddling-when-to-stop.html
- Baby Summary: Week 26 (McKenna)
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it 1-5!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!