Any links to Amazon are affiliate links.
This week was another good week. Highly uneventful, though 🙂 McKenna is now 6 months old! I cannot believe it. I cannot believe that in another six months, she will be one!
Nursing is still good. Nothing new to report.
Nightttime sleep is still good. Nothing new. I still wake her each morning.
This week, I didn’t introduce any new foods to McKenna. I still have some I want to introduce, but I just didn’t do any this week.
We are still having the dreamfeed. I have decided to wait until after the doctor appointment to drop it completely, but I also really want it gone before the time change. Feedings were at 10:10 this week.
FOUR HOUR SCHEDULE
Things are still going well.
I keep forgetting to mention McKenna’s great love of stories right now. She especially loves touch and feel stories.
I also keep forgetting to mention that I have started showing signs to McKenna. I just sign “more,” “all done,” and “please” to her.
I also keep forgetting to mention that I have introduced McKenna to the sippy cup. She has gotten the idea that you suck from it from the start, which is much faster than Brayden or Kaitlyn were. She gives the sippy cup a weird look after she gets some water from it.
Our schedule remains pretty much the same.
8:00 AM–wake, nurse, eat 2-3 T prunes and 1 T peaches mixed with 3 T oatmeal
12:00 PM–wake, nurse, eat about 4 T green veggie and about 4 T banana
4:00 PM–wake, nurse, eat about 4 T yellow veggie, 4 T peaches or pears, and then 1-2 T oatmeal (sometimes she eats one bite only of oatmeal).
8:00 PM–wake, nurse, change into PJs, story, bed
- Super Baby Food
- On Becoming Baby Wise
- On Becoming Baby Wise: Book II (take note that this is a link to the 2001 printing; there is a 2008 printing, but Amazon doesn’t have it).
- What to Expect the First Year
- The Wonder Weeks. (and a link to their site:http://livingcontrolsystems.com/)
- Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child
- Secrets of the Baby Whisperer: How to Calm, Connect, and Communicate with Your Baby
- The Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems: Sleeping, Feeding, and Behavior–Beyond the Basics from Infancy ThroughToddlerhood
RELATED POSTS/BLOG LABELS
- baby summary (blog label)
- newborn summary (blog label)
- making babyfood (blog label)
- solids (blog label)
- dreamfeed (blog label)
- four hour schedule (blog label)
- sippy cup (blog label)
- sign langauge (blog label)
- More Than Making it Through the Day: 6-9 Months
- Best Toys for Baby: Ages 4-6 Months
- Best Toys for Baby: Ages 7-9 Months
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it 1-5!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!