Our current poll is on dropping naps. I want to cover all naps in general. Most babies start out with 4 naps when on a 3 hour schedule (bedtime is around 7-8pm, so any sleep starting around there is night sleep). So we will start under the assumption that there are four naps. It is very helpful for me when compiling answers if you at least number the answers you give. You can also copy the questions and answer them. If the question does not apply to you, simply put “N/A.”
- What age did your baby go from 4 naps a day to 3 naps a day?
- What age did your baby go from 3 naps a day to 2 naps a day?
- What age did your child go from 2 naps a day to 1 nap a day?
- What age did your child start to not always fall asleep for the 1 nap each day?
- What age did you move from one nap a day to rest time?
- What age did you stop having rest time consistently?
- What method worked best for dropping naps for your child (cold turkey, more of a weaning process, shortening other naps, something else?)?
- What signs did you follow that it was time to drop a nap?
- Any words of advice for dropping naps?