Any links to Amazon are affiliate links.
This is a summary for Brinley’s 51st week; she was 50 weeks old.
This week, there were a few days randomly that she wouldn’t nurse for lunch. I had low hopes for my milk supply at that point!
She spent the first part of this week eating normally and great. At the very end, she started to not eat much.
Sleeping was normal.
We went swimming again and she loved it again!
This week, she finally signed “more”! It was so exciting. It was in direct correlation with her fine motor skills taking a huge leap this week. She was so pleased with herself.
She also started clapping this week. Any of you who know the sign of “more” know that clapping and more are very similar movements.
This week she started off super happy. Toward the end, she had a slight fever. I figured it was from teething. Her upper gums are swollen and the last time she broke a tooth, her temp went up some. She has taken forever to get those top teeth in!
Her speech is another thing that went way up in skill this week. She totally sounds like that squirrel on The Emperor’s New Groove. Remember when he blows up the balloon and pulls out the needle to pop it and babbles about it all? That is what Brinley sounds like.
Sadly, Brinley’s gross motor leaps have lead her to being able to climb the stairs. Sigh! I don’t like the stair climbing days. Now I need to teach her how to get down stairs safely. Then I will be okay with stair climbing again.
8:45–nurse with solids (fruit, cereal, yogurt, finger foods). Independent Playtime happens in this block.
12:45-1:00–wake up, nurse with solids (veggie, fruit, finger foods)
5:00–wake up, bottle with solids (veggie, fruit, finger foods)
7:30–bottle, then bedtime. In bed by 8:00-8:30.
- NEW On Becoming Pre-Toddlerwise
- Baby Body Signs: The Head-to-Toe Guide to Your Child’s Health, from Birth Through the Toddler Years
- Secrets of the Baby Whisperer: How to Calm, Connect, and Communicate with Your Baby
- On Becoming Baby Wise
- On Becoming Baby Wise, Book Two
- Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child
- What to Expect the First Year
- The Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems: Sleeping, Feeding, and Behavior–Beyond the Basics from Infancy ThroughToddlerhood
- The Wonder Weeks
- Fresh Baby So Easy Baby Food
- Super Baby Food
RELATED POSTS/BLOG LABELS: