Babywise method summarized. A Complete Summary of the Babywise Method. Everything you need to know about On Becoming Babywise. Learn what it is all about and how to successfully implement it.
As you look around at the different parenting options out there, you are probably “Googling” or “Pinteresting” any method you are considering. This may be what brought you here! In this post, I outline what On Becoming Babywise is all about and what you need to know to be able to implement it and get the results you are looking for.
- Babywise is About More Than Sleep
- Have Babywise Success!
- Thank you!
- Babywise Does Not Instruct On Sleep Training Methods
- Babywise Encompasses Your Baby’s Whole Day
- The Babywise Method is Parent Directed
- The Proof is in the End Result
- Get the whole series
- For Help Implementing Babywise, See These Posts:
- How to Do Babywise
- How To Prepare for the Birth of Your Babywise Baby
- Sleep Training According to Babywise (Baby Wise)
- How To Go Out With Your Babywise Baby
- Parent Directed Feeding (Babywise PDF) Explained
- Adjusting for Context Using Babywise
Babywise is About More Than Sleep
The first thing you need to know is that On Becoming Babywise is about more than sleep. Having a baby who sleeps really well is wonderful and beneficial in so many ways to baby, mom, and the family. But Babywise is about so much more than baby sleep. Babywise starts off by talking about the importance of family. Great sleep and a great baby schedule are a means to an end to the family able to be harmonious and a unit.
Babywise Does Not Instruct On Sleep Training Methods
This fact may surprise you since On Becoming Babywise often gets accused of being too harsh in sleep training and cry it out methods. The goal of Babywise is for baby to sleep well, but the methodology is really through scheduling and consistency. Part of what you schedule and are consistent with is sleep. The book mentions that self-soothing and independent sleep are important, but it really isn’t a sleep training book. It is a baby sleep book. Because the Babywise method works so well for having great sleep results, it is part of my Favorite Sleep Training Books, but if you need a step-by-step guide to sleep training, you will want to supplement with some other resources.
Here are some helpful sleep training posts on this blog:
- 5 Sleep Training Tips
- The Big List of Sleep Training Resources
- Chronicles of a Babywise Mom Log eBook
- Should You Do CIO?
- CIO Bootcamp: Revised and Updated
- Everything You Need to Know About Cry It Out
- How to Use the Extinction Method for Sleep Training
- Optimal Waketime Lengths
- Sleep Training According To Babywise
- Sleep Training and Trust
- Sleep Training: The Four S’s
- Using Babywise Without Doing CIO
Babywise Encompasses Your Baby’s Whole Day
With the babywise method, you are working to have baby’s days synchronized, predictable, and consistent. Babies are not robots and they have off days. Babies also have many, many growth spurts over time when they need to switch up their frequency of feeding and eat more often than they currently are.
Sometimes you will be out and about and need to change up the schedule to accommodate the activities of the day or to help baby make it through that disruption with grace. Baby will get sick and things will need to be done differently. All of those things, and more, happen. When they do, you change things as needed. This is normal, expected, and discussed in the book.
The Babywise Method is Parent Directed
The Proof is in the End Result
- How To Do On Becoming Babywise
- Your Babywise Baby First Year Overview
- The Gist of Babywise
- Starting Babywise Late Guide
- Babywise FAQs