Any links to Amazon are affiliate links.
Sleep train your baby with confidence! Consult this awesome list of sleep training resources to get wisdom on sleep training and how-to’s.
Sleep training is not easy. It isn’t fun, either. It takes a lot of mental focus and emotional fortitude. You have this great unknown. You are tired. And to top it all off? You have plenty of people out there telling you that you are a terrible and selfish person for even wanting your baby to sleep well, much less actively working toward that goal.
There are a lot of studies that discuss the importance of sleep and the benefits of sleep. Please do not feel guilt for trying to help your child be a good sleeper.
“According to a study from the University of Colorado Boulder discovered that children who didn’t take their afternoon nap didn’t display much joy and interest, had a higher level of anxiety, and lower problem solving skills compared to other children who napped regularly.” from “Napping Can Dramatically Increase Learning, Memory, Awareness, and More“
I have compiled some articles and information on sleep training to help you know you are not alone and to see how others do it. Sleep training usually looks a little different for everyone, as it should because each baby is a unique individual.
I have compiled a bunch of articles on sleep training. I have some of my posts mixed in with other articles. I hope this can serve as a resource for you as you embark on sleep training.
- Studies on Sleep Training
- Sleep Training and Stress
- Sleep Training Methods
- Tips for Sleep Training
- Sleep Training Books
- Great Sleep Training Books
- Sleep Training Tips and Info
- Sleep Training According to Babywise (Baby Wise)
- Gentle Sleep Training: The Four S's
- The Big List of Sleep Training Resources
- 6 Rules for Using Cry it Out as a Baby Sleep Training Method
- The Ultimate Cry It Out Bootcamp
- How to Sleep Train Your Baby Responsibly
- Everything You Need to Know About Cry It Out
- The Best Baby Sleep Training Books to Get Baby Sleeping
- Cry It Out Sleep Training Tips
- 5 Important Sleep Training Tips for Baby Sleep
- What Are the Benefits of Sleep Training?
- How to Use the Extinction Method for Sleep Training
- 5 Reasons to Establish Good Sleep Habits
Studies on Sleep Training
- Improving infant sleep and maternal mental health: a cluster randomised trial
- Five-Year Follow-up of Harms and Benefits of Behavioral Infant Sleep Intervention: Randomized Trial
- The Pediatrics Cry It Out Study
- Baby Sleep Training Methods Safe for Infants [STUDY]
- Study: Letting baby ‘cry it out’ won’t cause damage
Sleep Training and Stress
- Critics of Cry-It-Out Fundamentally Misunderstand How Stress Affects the Brain
- Is Sleep Training Child Abuse?
- Stress, Cortisol, and Getting Your Baby To Sleep
- Helping Babies Cope With Stress and Learn to Sleep
- Sleep Training and Trust
- It’s time to take the guilt out of sleep training
Sleep Training Methods
- 16 Things All Parents Need to Know About the ‘Cry It Out’ Method
- How to Use the Extinction Method for Sleep Training
- CIO Bootcamp–Revised and Updated
- Sleep Training: The Four S’s
Tips for Sleep Training
Sleep Training Books
These are some great books to consult for sleep training. These are affiliate links (it doesn’t raise your price at all).
Great Sleep Training Books
Sleep Training According to Babywise (Baby Wise)
Learn the life-changing Babywise sleep training method that will give you back your sleep. This powerful sleep strategy gets baby on a schedule.Continue Reading
Gentle Sleep Training: The Four S's
How to sleep train a baby without crying. This is a gentle baby sleep training method to get baby sleeping independently. No-cry sleep training method.Continue Reading
The Big List of Sleep Training Resources
Sleep train your baby with confidence! Consult this awesome list of sleep training resources to get wisdom on sleep training, read studies, and find how-to's.Continue Reading
6 Rules for Using Cry it Out as a Baby Sleep Training Method
Cry it out is a fast, effective form of sleep training baby. This post outlines six rules to follow for using cry it out as your sleep training method.Continue Reading
The Ultimate Cry It Out Bootcamp
The ultimate guide to how to do cry it out sleep training. Follow this for a step-by-step guide on using cry it out to get baby sleeping well.Continue Reading
How to Sleep Train Your Baby Responsibly
How to Sleep Train Your Baby Responsibly. Tips for doing cry it out in a way that best helps your baby. Sleep training tips.Continue Reading
Everything You Need to Know About Cry It Out
All of your questions about cry it out answered. How long will it take, what age can you start, and will baby be traumatized after it is all done.Continue Reading
The Best Baby Sleep Training Books to Get Baby Sleeping
Find the best books to read to learn how to get baby to sleep. Different sleep training methods to get baby to sleep through the night and take great naps.Continue Reading
Cry It Out Sleep Training Tips
Cry It Out Sleep Training Tips from real moms who have actually used the method. Tips to help you succeed at sleep training.Continue Reading
5 Important Sleep Training Tips for Baby Sleep
Learn the five tips that will help you achieve great sleep from your baby. These tips will help set you up to have a solid, independent sleeper.Continue Reading
What Are the Benefits of Sleep Training?
How sleep training can help your baby sleep and prevent sleep problems from building up. Sleep training helps baby sleep now and later.Continue Reading
How to Use the Extinction Method for Sleep Training
Tips for using the extinction sleep training method to get baby to sleep well. Get great naps and great night sleep for baby.Continue Reading
5 Reasons to Establish Good Sleep Habits
It is not convenient to put the work into great sleep habits for your baby. Here are five vital reasons you should put the effort required into this.Continue Reading
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it 1-5!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!